Focus Fanatics

Focus Fanatics (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   MK3 Focus (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=121)
-   -   Trade-in Value? Looking to trade this week -- Fully loaded Titanium (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=305000)

hotleadsingerguy 12-25-2012 12:23 AM

Trade-in Value? Looking to trade this week -- Fully loaded Titanium

So I'm looking to get an Accord Sport this week and wanting to trade in my Focus in the deal. It's a pretty much fully-loaded Titanium minus the Navigation and heated seats (but everything else). KBB says $16k, but I definitely want to get more than that. I have a second set of wheels and tires (winter tires and Sparco Assetto Black wheels), so I'm trying to get $20k total for the trade.

For those who have traded their Focuses in, what have you got for them? Do you think $20k is an acceptable amount? Just wondering what the chances are.

Supramk3 12-25-2012 01:33 AM

$20k trade is a pipe dream. Highly unlikely.

Sent from the HO KID network using FF Mobile

e30og 12-25-2012 02:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hotleadsingerguy (Post 4511746)
So I'm looking to get an Accord Sport this week and wanting to trade in my Focus in the deal. It's a pretty much fully-loaded Titanium minus the Navigation and heated seats (but everything else). KBB says $16k, but I definitely want to get more than that. I have a second set of wheels and tires (winter tires and Sparco Assetto Black wheels), so I'm trying to get $20k total for the trade.

For those who have traded their Focuses in, what have you got for them? Do you think $20k is an acceptable amount? Just wondering what the chances are.

16 is bit of a stretch, even with the rims

just being honest. I just went through this process less than a month ago and I dare anyone on this forum to negotiate tougher than I did, including 7 competing dealer appraisals

forceflow2 12-25-2012 03:08 AM

$20k isn't going to happen. They are selling them for around, if not less, than that. My local dealership has one with ~10k miles for a $21k list price fully loaded. I can't imagine the extra tires are going to make a huge difference to them at all. I agree with the others that even $16k is something you'd have to fight for.

MelloYelloTi 12-25-2012 03:25 AM

I was questioning my salesman this week if I wanted to trade my Titanium in with everything (plus remote start,3M clearbra,tint,polymer & rust/sound coatings) minus Nav & 18's on a fully loaded C-MAX as a lark. He stated they would give me 17.5K..

I wasn't too surprised on the quote being that the Focus has become a major rental fleet car. At least around here in the Twin Cities..

[ffrocks]

2012silversel 12-25-2012 06:16 AM

You'll never get 20,000 and I'd be surprised if you even get the KBB value. Dealerships make more money on used cars than new and that's how they can discount new cars to give you the feeling you are getting a good deal, they'll make up the difference when they sell the used car. Also, they don't care about the wheels, they won't sell them with he car and they aren't in the used tire business. I traded my SEL in June and got 16,500 at that time, which was more than I owed, but well under the blue book value. When I negotiated the trade and purchase of my Escape, I mentioned I had winter tires and wheels and they weren't interested in them, so I sold them on Craig's List. Don't be disappointed if the number is more in the 14,000-15,000 range. If you want more, sell it privately, then you might be able to get 16,000 to 18,000 with the wheels.

SkyPilot 12-25-2012 07:36 AM

Car modifications dont add to the value of the car. If you find a really nice dealer they MIGHT give you a few extra hundred bucks for the wheels on top of the trade in value. 20k isnt going to happen, You might be lucky get 16k, However this week is the biggest car selling week of the year and there are good sales everywhere so you might get a good deal on a new car.

02fordsvt 12-25-2012 07:53 AM

Trade the Focus with stock wheels on and sell the aftermarket wheels with snows privately. You get much more for the wheels and won't loose much if any in the trade-in value.

flyboyike 12-25-2012 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hotleadsingerguy (Post 4511746)

$20K might happen, if you pay them full list for the Accord plus some.

jointbeaker 12-25-2012 10:06 AM

Do you have pictures of the Sparcos and winter rubber?

If you're set on trading in...you'd get more selling those privately.