Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   MK1 Interior Mods & Upgrades (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Found a helluva deal... (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=304819)

VinnyB 12-21-2012 08:06 PM

Found a helluva deal...

On a Cervini body kit. 7 piece kit ( front bumper, rear bumper, left & right side skirts, hood, roof wing & mid-wing) for 500 bucks.

The person selling it is even willing to work with me on it and take a deposit. (Even going to far as to let me take 1-2 pieces every time I give her $$)

The question im posing to everyone - mainly an opinion - is this:

If you were eventually planning on putting a body kit on it (not immediately - lets say 6 mos + later on down the road), would you buy the kit now? or wait untill you were ready to put it on?

Assume for a moment that there is other work you wanna have done to the car - rebuilt engine, rims, lowering kit, etc.

Would you buy the kit now, because it's a helluva deal? Or would you wait untill all the work you wanna do is done, THEN shop for a kit?

It seems like a helluva deal, especially because the full kit from Cervini's website, lists for 1200.

Thoughts?

(PS: The kit is still sealed, new in box)

katiekay 12-21-2012 08:14 PM

Buy it! You don't find good deals all the time, if you pass this up, you will regret it.

VinnyB 12-21-2012 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pyroinsa (Post 4508316)
Buy it! You don't find good deals all the time, if you pass this up, you will regret it.

Yeah, tell me about it. I mean, I'm not ready to put a body kit on the car - there's some minor mechanical issues I wanna get ironed out. (Not to mention, appearance issues)

Any projects or mods I do in the meantime, are just for shits & giggles (I get bored easily, lol)

To be honest, I'd love to have the kit now, that way when I'm ready to put one on, I wont have to look around to find a kit that I like (and I'm in love with the look of this kit)

volcomstone1966 12-21-2012 09:07 PM

That kit is hella ugly , the hood is the only ok thing

Marbs 12-21-2012 09:24 PM

If you can afford it now and it's the kit you want get it NOW! It can always wait until you're ready to install. If you wait the deal and kit may not be around when you're ready for it.

Diesel 12-22-2012 02:10 AM

you have to get some things when the price is right.

vermen1993 12-22-2012 11:03 AM

I would say if you like the kit and you were planning on putting it on anyways, why not buy it now when its the cheapest? You're going to hate yourself later if you have to pay full retail for a kit that you could've gotten for $700 cheaper a couple months back.

VinnyB 12-22-2012 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vermen1993 (Post 4508750)
I would say if you like the kit and you were planning on putting it on anyways, why not buy it now when its the cheapest? You're going to hate yourself later if you have to pay full retail for a kit that you could've gotten for $700 cheaper a couple months back.

I definitely like the look of the kit - it's not too ricey (IMO) and has a nice aggressive look to it.

Although, truth be told, I don't know if I'm completely sold on the roof wing though. Then again, there's nothing that says I have to install all the pieces.

vermen1993 12-22-2012 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VinnyB (Post 4508853)
I definitely like the look of the kit - it's not too ricey (IMO) and has a nice aggressive look to it.

Although, truth be told, I don't know if I'm completely sold on the roof wing though. Then again, there's nothing that says I have to install all the pieces.

Right, you can always leave it off or find one you like better and sell the wing.

Sent from Stefan 's Phone

PRSman25 12-22-2012 01:35 PM

Buy them! But don't screw em up before you put them on! xD