Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   Fanatics: Texas (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=106)
-   -   Houston Cruise Control (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=304314)

Timken500 12-13-2012 06:58 PM

Houston Cruise Control

Well just put on the new Cruise Control Module today after work and I must say of everything I have done on the car. Brakes front and rear has been by far the easiest thing I have done followed by the Timing Belt (Thanks for the Help Paul). Then this Cruise Control Module. This was not fun at all. It is behind the motor and a total pain to get at the bolts and even wore manuvering it out from behind the engine after it had been removed from the studs. Ill do 3 timing belts before I do another cruise control module.

P.S So what is the hardest Item you have done to your car ???

FocusFreak09 12-13-2012 07:25 PM

Hey Tim where in Pasadena do u live? I'm at Pasadena blvd and Preston.
Posted via FF Mobile

Timken500 12-13-2012 07:49 PM

I live off of scarbrough and 225. Have to get another meet up in pasadena it sounds like

FocusFreak09 12-13-2012 08:01 PM

I know where that is
Posted via FF Mobile

Blue5ive 12-13-2012 08:39 PM

Did you have o replace the module or what??

I wanna take the cruise control from my Kona and put it in my zx5 which has no cruise. My right foot gets sore on long trips now lol.

Timken500 12-13-2012 09:01 PM

Yea replaced the module

tukaniSVT 12-13-2012 11:53 PM

Hmm ... hardest thing done to my car ...

Well, I replaced my engine ... with help and book guidance, not as hard as I thought.
Suspension ... eh.
Bolt-ons ... breeze.

You know what, honestly, the hardest thing I ran into that took me a while ... the stinking key tumbler.

When that went out on me it was freaking stuck. And it took me a long time to get the stinking thing out. Once out though, that wasn't too bad.

Ray

sleepyboy 12-14-2012 12:04 AM

I wanna say the darn shift cables were, but really the hardest part is waiting on money for the car parts lol

Glad to hear you got that cruise control fixed. After we got done with Tim's t-belt and went for a drive he finally for the first time was getting on it in the SVT when the throttle got pinned and the motor revved way the hell up there. I have to say he did some expert quick reaction and thinking and just shut the motor off and coasted. I know very few people that would even think to do that or even act as quickly as he did, I was impressed lol. Turned out the cable came undone from a broken piece and wouldn't let the TB close all the way, just moved it out the way and off we went.

tukaniSVT 12-14-2012 01:49 AM

Woah scary.

But nice job on thinking.

Ray

sleepyboy 12-14-2012 01:52 AM

I credit Tim's quick reactions and thinking, I didn't even know what was going on till he shut it off and I was like whaaa? lol