Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   MK3 Focus (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=121)
-   -   turn off lights auto when turn off car (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=304224)

yanivdan98 12-12-2012 03:29 PM

turn off lights auto when turn off car

hi

i have ford focus 2012 model and when i turn off the car and the lights are in auto model the lights are not turn off and stay on..

how can i automatically turn off the lights after X seconds when i turn off the car and automatically turn on the lights when i turn on the car?

note that in my previous chevy cruze it was possible..

thanks alot

suss6052 12-12-2012 03:33 PM

Unless there is something wrong with your car it is supposed to turn the headlamps off as soon as you turn the car off when left in auto mode.

Mine has always shut off as soon as I turned the car off.

VOLDAR 12-12-2012 03:36 PM

I am sure your lights go off after 20 seconds after you turn your car off. It is a setting in your Sync main screen you should check and change to 0 so that the lights turn off when the car is turned off.

yanivdan98 12-12-2012 03:48 PM

hi

my lights mode were on auto and when i turn off the car i wait about more than 60 seconds (about 100 seconds and the lights didnt turned off)

where can i change that the lights turend off after car turn off after 0 seconds? maybe it will solve my program...

by the way is there any chance to do that even if the lights are on "Always On mode" that if i turn off my car the lights will also turn off?

thanks alot

cbdallas 12-12-2012 03:49 PM

Mine was set to "0" from the factory, and I changed it to have a delay.

As far as the lights turning on when you crank the car, they will only turn on if it's dark outside. If the light sensor detects that it's daylight, it'll keep the lights turned off.

yanivdan98 12-12-2012 03:54 PM

hi ,

in my country we need to turn on the lights even in the day (its a law)

therefore i want that the lights will always turn on..

1. So is there any chance to do that even if the lights are on "Always On mode" that if i turn off my car the lights will also turn off?

2. also you said that there is a option to set the delay of the lights..how can i get to this option?

thanks alot

suss6052 12-12-2012 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yanivdan98 (Post 4495118)
hi

my lights mode were on auto and when i turn off the car i wait about more than 60 seconds (about 100 seconds and the lights didnt turned off)

where can i change that the lights turend off after car turn off after 0 seconds? maybe it will solve my program...

by the way is there any chance to do that even if the lights are on "Always On mode" that if i turn off my car the lights will also turn off?

thanks alot

If you leave the lights on manual all the time it will stay on for the 15+ minute delay or whenever the accessories have their power removed in order to preserve battery power, therefore its not a good idea to use this.

flingwing1969 12-12-2012 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yanivdan98 (Post 4495130)
hi ,

in my country we need to turn on the lights even in the day (its a law)

therefore i want that the lights will always turn on..

1. So is there any chance to do that even if the lights are on "Always On mode" that if i turn off my car the lights will also turn off?

2. also you said that there is a option to set the delay of the lights..how can i get to this option?

thanks alot

The U.S. Focus is not equipped with daylight running lights (DRL - lights that stay on during the day). There is considerable discussion here as to whether or not the BCM can be reset to turn on the DRL feature in our cars without modification to hardware. If you want DRLs there are several options out there, including modifying your fog lights to run of an ignition on power source so they will turn on/off with your ignition key. It is a minor wiring cut/reconnect but should be done carefully by someone who is knows how. You could get a Canadian Focus too - DRLs are required there.

BetaDnB 12-12-2012 04:18 PM

What trim level do you have? Do you even have Sync? I set mine by using the control on the left side of the steering wheel and going in to the settings on the screen between the gauges. Mine doesn't have a setting for 0 seconds. The lowest I can go is 20 seconds. If you have your owner's manual look in there.

yanivdan98 12-12-2012 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BetaDnB (Post 4495155)
What trim level do you have? Do you even have Sync? I set mine by using the control on the left side of the steering wheel and going in to the settings on the screen between the gauges. Mine doesn't have a setting for 0 seconds. The lowest I can go is 20 seconds. If you have your owner's manual look in there.

hi

first of all, i have the europe model of ford focus...

second, how can i get into the Sync opton menu and set the delay to 0?
do i need the specific Bus for ? or is there any option to do it from the radio menu?

thanks