Focus Fanatics

Focus Fanatics (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   MK3 Focus (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=121)
-   -   Sometimes it's the little things (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=304094)

JonathanGennick 12-11-2012 07:02 AM

Sometimes it's the little things

Who here likes the shape of the left- and right-side mirrors on the 2013 models? I sure do. I know it seems superficial, but their pointy, angular shape is something I notice and appreciate every time I look in the mirror.

Two hour drive last night. My first thought after starting up and checking my mirrors was about how glad I still am at having chose the Focus over the Cruze (which was the other vehicle I had been looking at).

Another tiny touch that I like is the flat spot above the driver-side dash that is perfectly sized and shaped to hold a stack of letter-sized envelopes. Discovered that one serendipitously when I unthinkingly put an envelope there on the way to the letter box, and the envelope fit!

So for me, the mirror and the envelope indentation. What about you?

Quantos 12-11-2012 07:28 AM

The split wide view mirrors are awesome, I don't understand how that's not standard on all cars! I basically have no dead angle, though I still check it from habit :P

Also, the shape of the steering wheel is great. I shift my hands quite a lot when I drive, but all positions are nice. 10-2 works, 9-3 works, even one handed 6 when I'm lazy.

JonathanGennick 12-11-2012 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quantos (Post 4493007)
Also, the shape of the steering wheel is great. I shift my hands quite a lot when I drive, but all positions are nice. 10-2 works, 9-3 works, even one handed 6 when I'm lazy.

True! I've noticed that also. Support for different hand positions is well thought-out.

copernicium112 12-11-2012 07:38 AM

I love the mirrors as well. My last car, for such a small car, was a gigantic blind spot on four wheels. With this car I know what is going on beside me and behind me at all times (though, like Quantos, I still check out of habit and it is a habit I prefer to keep, just to be sure).

cbdallas 12-11-2012 08:08 AM

I love that the steering wheel is 'dished'...as in the spokes are set back, instead of being flush with the wheel rim like so many cars are. It looks good, and it feels good.

JPopNC 12-11-2012 08:10 AM

The whole car is a driver's dream, but the split wide view mirrors are perfect. I love it when passengers first notice them and remark "did that come with the car or did you add it?". Just tell them that, and many other things, make the Focus the perfect car.

BaconZombie 12-11-2012 08:13 AM

Love the blind-spot mirrors, the shape and feel of the steering wheel, and my favorite is the interior lighting. I love the fact that I can change the color to suit my mood, or in my case, the season! For Halloween I had the lights orange, for Christmas I have them green. Not a huge thing, but I think it's kinda fun.

JPopNC 12-11-2012 08:15 AM

My favorite feature though is the cruise control..unlike any others I've seen. Every other brand car you have to hit a specific button to engage the CC, but on the Focus you can hit either, both will engage it. Then I love that it shows the exact speed it's set at so you don't have to guess "is it 70, or 69, or 71".

Just Tom 12-11-2012 08:17 AM

One word: ERGONOMICS

That's what I like best.

copernicium112 12-11-2012 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BaconZombie (Post 4493059)
.....and my favorite is the interior lighting. I love the fact that I can change the color to suit my mood, or in my case, the season! For Halloween I had the lights orange, for Christmas I have them green. Not a huge thing, but I think it's kinda fun.

Nice, I didn't think of Halloween but I did switch to green starting this month for Christmas. For such a little thing, it is a huge thing, especially cool when you have the dome set to off and you go to get in at night, the subtle ambient colored glow in the car looks great in the dark when entering.