Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   MK3 Focus (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=121)
-   -   Homelink Day/Night Mirror (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=303996)

Just Tom 12-09-2012 04:42 PM

Homelink Day/Night Mirror

Guys,

One option that my car did not come equipped with which I plan on installing is the Ford OEM (Homelink) day/night mirror. I have a couple questions if I may. First have any of you installed this yourself? If so, is there factory wiring already under the headliner making this a plug n' play type install? What about cost? The Ford website rather conveniently enough doesn't list a price, so I'm wondering is this a $300 accessory or a $30,000 accessory? Sure would be nice if Ford posted suggested retail prices.

For those who have the Homelink. Do you like it? I've had it on all my other vehicles and I was shocked that the Foci (Ti package) didn't already come equipped with it.

metric 12-09-2012 04:54 PM

It's been covered before but I added Homelink to my wife 13 Ti, the cost came in under $70 buying from Tousley Ford. Since you have a Ti, you already have the power source from your mirror. Simply unbolt and unplug your old visor and plug/bolt in your new one and your set.

Just Tom 12-09-2012 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by metric (Post 4490863)
It's been covered before but I added Homelink to my wife 13 Ti, the cost came in under $70 buying from Tousley Ford. Since you have a Ti, you already have the power source from your mirror. Simply unbolt and unplug your old visor and plug/bolt in your new one and your set.

Metric,

Do you have any pics of your installation or after install? Are you satisfied with the way it works? I find that I'm constantly blinded by trucks who's headlights always seem to be right at my eye level.

Also, I'm planning on tinting the front window (very light) so I'm wondering if I should go ahead and tint first, then add Homelink later. Any thoughts?

Just Tom 12-09-2012 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by metric (Post 4490863)

Wait. I just realized, you're referring to the Homelink Visor Mirror which you installed. I'm inquiring about the Homelink Rear View Day/Night Mirror. Something didn't seem to make sense about your post, until I re-read it, then I realized you installed the visor.

metric 12-09-2012 05:23 PM

I just realized that you mentioned Day/night mirror as well. Sorry about that.

Just Tom 12-09-2012 05:26 PM

That's ok. I appreciate you jumping in there and offering your input. This forum is really great in that regard. Plenty of people on here who are willing to share their experiences.

sgmfocus 12-09-2012 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Tom (Post 4490847)
Guys,

One option that my car did not come equipped with which I plan on installing is the Ford OEM (Homelink) day/night mirror. I have a couple questions if I may. First have any of you installed this yourself? If so, is there factory wiring already under the headliner making this a plug n' play type install? What about cost? The Ford website rather conveniently enough doesn't list a price, so I'm wondering is this a $300 accessory or a $30,000 accessory? Sure would be nice if Ford posted suggested retail prices.

For those who have the Homelink. Do you like it? I've had it on all my other vehicles and I was shocked that the Foci (Ti package) didn't already come equipped with it.

for some reason Ford dropped the mirror from there website several months ago,was looking at it online around $400 then dissapeared the following week,my dealer said he couldn't get it after that

metric 12-09-2012 05:33 PM

The main reason it was dropped was due to the mirror, it would "sag" over time. My 13 Fusions day/night mirror does the same.

Just Tom 12-09-2012 06:35 PM

Hmm... Well I suppose I could opt for the Homelink visor that Metric installed on his wife's car, but I still need the day/view mirror. Can you guys recommend any reputable aftermarket mirrors? By the way....I still don't know if the car is pre-wired for it. Anybody know?

flingwing1969 12-09-2012 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by metric (Post 4490906)
The main reason it was dropped was due to the mirror, it would "sag" over time. My 13 Fusions day/night mirror does the same.

BMW has the same type mirror and it too tends to degrade - sag internally.