Focus Fanatics

Focus Fanatics (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Technical Chat (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Help!!! (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=303983)

avilla61 12-09-2012 12:22 PM

Help!!!
 
So i have a 06 focus and my car shakes alot in drive & reverse and not that much in neutral at a red light so im guessing my motor mounts are bad

yesterday i found a bolt on the floor under the car i found out the bolt was from the intake manifold im thinking it got loose with all the shaking but when i was checking were the bolt was from i found a cable not connectend i really dont know what is it for

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/p...pictureid=8816

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/p...pictureid=8815

felixthecat 12-09-2012 02:09 PM

In the 1st pix, looks like that bracket is cracked, or the sheet metal is tore. As far as motor mounts= w/ the hood up & someone w/ their foot on the brake & a little bit of throttle, is the motor rolling upwards or backwards ? Or try this= Have them hold the brake & move the shifter from reverse & drive & whatch, & check for the motor rolling back & forth. How is the dogbone? How many miles? Hows the motor run?

avilla61 12-09-2012 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by felixthecat (Post 4490690)
In the 1st pix, looks like that bracket is cracked, or the sheet metal is tore. As far as motor mounts= w/ the hood up & someone w/ their foot on the brake & a little bit of throttle, is the motor rolling upwards or backwards ? Or try this= Have them hold the brake & move the shifter from reverse & drive & whatch, & check for the motor rolling back & forth. How is the dogbone? How many miles? Hows the motor run?

its not sheet metal on the firts pic its some kind of tape lol
it has 90k miles motor runs great its just the shaking and well that bolt and the cable

avilla61 12-09-2012 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by felixthecat (Post 4490690)
In the 1st pix, looks like that bracket is cracked, or the sheet metal is tore. As far as motor mounts= w/ the hood up & someone w/ their foot on the brake & a little bit of throttle, is the motor rolling upwards or backwards ? Or try this= Have them hold the brake & move the shifter from reverse & drive & whatch, & check for the motor rolling back & forth. How is the dogbone? How many miles? Hows the motor run?


i just made this video really quick to show you the car the mileage the engine and well the cable thats not connected ooh and the bolt
sorry if i dont talk but i dont like to lol


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_XNu7EBb7g

felixthecat 12-09-2012 03:31 PM

Take a lite down that runner on the intake & see if the thats where the bolt goes, as a manifold bolt goes down there.

avilla61 12-09-2012 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by felixthecat (Post 4490777)
Take a lite down that runner on the intake & see if the thats where the bolt goes, as a manifold bolt goes down there.

What do u mean

felixthecat 12-09-2012 04:58 PM

In the video you have your finger by the 2 intake runners on the passenger side. Take a flashlight or pen light between the 2 intake runners on the passenger side & see if its missing the bolt.

avilla61 12-09-2012 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by felixthecat (Post 4490868)
In he video you have your finger by the 2 intake runners on the passenger side. Take a flashlight or pen light between the 2 intake runners on the passenger side & see if its missing the bolt.

It is missing the bolt down there but I can't put it back because I don't have the tools
so where do u think the cable goes? Or what is it?

Grumpy 12-09-2012 07:28 PM

That's the knock sensor and it's attach bolt. Reinstall it. What is the RPM when the engine is warmed up?

avilla61 12-09-2012 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grumpy (Post 4491038)
That's the knock sensor and it's attach bolt. Reinstall it. What is the RPM when the engine is warmed up?

this is not my cluster as u can see but just to give u an idea of where the rpms are when warmed up

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/p...pictureid=8827

thats exacly where they are


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:35 AM.


http://www.focusfanatics.com/aboutus/copyright.asp