Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   SVT Performance (2002-2004) (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   New SVT owner and also complete noob! (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=303849)

TheRealDeeej 12-07-2012 02:55 AM

New SVT owner and also complete noob!

So I just got my SVT a couple days ago. Wondering if there are any first things I should do to it. Just replaced O2 sensors and changing the oil this weekend. It's got 135k miles on it.
Also, any after market parts I should consider? I don't want it to be a ricer, but I'd like to feel a bit more power:3

sleepyboy 12-07-2012 03:05 AM

Welcome to the forum! [welcome] [ffrocks] [loveff]

If the timing belt hasn't been done then you should do that ASAP. The SVT is a interference motor and will bend the valves if the belt were to break. Other than than just normal maintenance. You should come out to one of our meets. We just had a mini meet at Hooters on the east side of town close to you.

sleepyboy 12-07-2012 03:08 AM

Check out the Texas regional forum HERE and the tx nightly boredom thread HERE

FLYLOW 12-07-2012 12:17 PM

Timing belt & full tune up should be #1 on ur list. If ur not sure it was done before do it anyways. This includes = water pump, all the belts, plugs, coolant, trany oil

When ur done = cat back and intake

If u want more and ur clutch is still gripping hard, orp and a tune from tom

I did all this when i got mine a year ago with 100k, check my threads
/thread

scoutout 12-07-2012 01:00 PM

Everyone is right! Timing and tune #1. How about we see some pics!!!

nate4027 12-07-2012 02:10 PM

I'm also a noob, I plan on attending focusfest in St. Louis next year.

ChrisRobin 12-07-2012 04:39 PM

Your air intake is good... just throw in a K&N filter in there or some other high-flow filter and call it a day. I have the Volant air intake with scoop and amsoil dry filter and I notice nothing.

Yes, catback exhaust with high flow cat converter and flex pipe would be a good upgrade...but don't buy from Trubendz...they're crap. I plan on buying the FSwerks one sooner or later and dump my Trubendz exhaust in a dumpster somewhere.

FLYLOW 12-08-2012 08:13 AM

^ ummmm well i have a tbz catback and i love it. Perfect pipes perfect fit, cheap and fast shipping. Ill recomend it any day. Go 2.5", stock is 2 1/4" ish already and 3" is if you go big on f/i.

Fs werks is the same crap, diff name

TheRealDeeej 12-09-2012 05:10 PM

Put timing belt on my list. Replaced my O2 sensors a couple days ago. Plan to change my spark plugs and oil over break.
What do you guys mean by tune up? And how much of it can be done easily by myself?

Also, I'm gonna post pictures up soon, I just want to wash it first. Finals week and rain in Texas haven't been giving me any time[:)]

I would love to go to one of these Houston meets too. I wanna see what everybody else is doing to their cars!
What's the most cost efficient catback I can add? As in good for the money.

TheRealDeeej 12-09-2012 05:21 PM

Also, is there some reason to why the fog lights on this thing are never on? Or am I just dumb and don't know how to turn them on? I love the look, but want some functionality[rofl][rofl][rofl]