Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   Ford Focus & General Car Chat (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   This guy hits the nail on the head. (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=303844)

WiscoGTI 12-06-2012 11:21 PM

This guy hits the nail on the head.

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...63201920_n.jpg

I feel like this applies to more than just the VW crowd. Because I see it happening with all sorts of car enthusiasts on sites like Stanceworks, Canibeat, etc.. It's like nobody builds cars for themselves anymore. They just build them to gain internet rep. Which is lame as hell.

Discuss.

sam fisher 12-06-2012 11:35 PM

i understand and somewhat agree , but i wish i had enough cash for a build lol. and yea id definitely have a build thread lol.

Sent from my N860 using FF Mobile

goinloco1 12-07-2012 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sam fisher (Post 4487599)
i understand and somewhat agree , but i wish i had enough cash for a build lol. and yea id definitely have a build thread lol.

If your building it for yourself, what would you need a build thread for? Think about it, you just stuck yourself into what they were talking about.
I've been building on mine since 04. All I occasionally do is pop a thread on about it. I could really care less what others think about it, it's my car and I'm building it to please me, not some faceless keyboard warrior. Hell, I don't think I've posted anything new in a couple years.

2002greenzx3 12-07-2012 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenEnvy (Post 4487641)
If your building it for yourself, what would you need a build thread for? Think about it, you just stuck yourself into what they were talking about.
I've been building on mine since 04. All I occasionally do is pop a thread on about it. I could really care less what others think about it, it's my car and I'm building it to please me, not some faceless keyboard warrior. Hell, I don't think I've posted anything new in a couple years.

i have a build thread and i am building my car to please no one but myself. it's just easier to update one thread when i do something, instead of making a new thread everytime. i really don't care what anyone says about my car. i do everything the way i like it. i bought a camber kit to straighten my wheels out after lowering it, not angle them out all retarded, making my car look like it's broken.

iminhell 12-07-2012 12:38 AM

Quote:

No you haven't [scream]

I do things for me and me alone. Which is part of why I take no pictures and only share bits and pieces scattered about about what I'm doing. The stuff I do share is only for the purposes of alternative options. The wiz-bang buzz word modification stuff isn't going to make you power and it isn't going to get all the ladies ...

but if it's a VW it sure will bring in the guys in girl pants (boot cut in the south).

LouBomb 12-07-2012 12:54 AM

Lol ^

I like build threads for the timeline effect... See where it came from.. I could give two shits if u dont like it.. Shoot i had a body kit that i got so much shit for...

WiscoGTI 12-07-2012 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LouBomb (Post 4487730)
Shoot i had a body kit that i got so much shit for...

And yet I still let you be my friend. [limp]

jinstall 12-07-2012 01:18 AM

Car tuning has not been the same since the 70's. Ah to be back in the 50's again when people built cars to be different and were proud show them off, no matter what they did to them.

Nickgt40 12-07-2012 01:30 AM

I built my car just so I could win every accolade in the focus world.

... Hey, it worked!

[giddy]

sam fisher 12-07-2012 01:32 AM

Quote:

right , i see where you are coming from , but i personally like hearing opinions/suggestions and so on , especially from those who have a car like mine you know . its still.ultimately done for myself , but input from others does mean something to me. i guess im just different lol