Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   Focus ST EcoBoost Performance (2013-Current) (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=75)
-   -   Review: FSWERKS SCT tune for ST. I love IT!! (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=303825)

Slammed_2.0 12-06-2012 07:01 PM

Review: FSWERKS SCT tune for ST. I love IT!!

First of let me start off by saying the ST is a great car coming out of factory turbo. Great responsiveness and great around corners.

I got it from FSWERKS which was done by Randy. Before the tune I could notice that the power from the top end was not there. With the tune, first thing I've noticed was the increase of power/torque all throughout the powerband. Very noticable increase mainly in the top end range. Feels like it keeps pulling all the way up to redline. The motor ran smoother, my mileage increase about 2 MPG (which i was mainly concerned about), and feels like it's straight from the factory. There is absolutly nothing I dislike about my new tune. Hell Randy even sent me an extra 91 OCT tune for when I move up north to Oregon.

This is a must if you want more power out of your ST. It will increase your gas mileage if your worried about it. Not by much but its something! I went from 22.8 MPG to 24.3 MPG (calculated with mileage on tank to gallons added). This pulls A LOT harder than my old Turbo'd Sedan..

FlankerDFR 12-08-2012 09:27 AM

Sounds great..............is this available, or going to be available, on their web site or via other means?

Nevermind............I see the tuner is for sale on their web site. Hhhhhhhhmmmmmmmm??????? Oh Santa..................................

shineboy 12-09-2012 11:43 AM

Any mods on your car or just the tune?

same post on Focaljet...? advertising?

Slammed_2.0 12-10-2012 09:44 AM

No advertising. Just a plain simple review. Yes it's a copy an paste but who wants to type out two reviews to set out one great message. I'm bone stock as for now

shineboy 12-10-2012 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slammed_2.0 (Post 4491739)
No advertising. Just a plain simple review. Yes it's a copy an paste but who wants to type out two reviews to set out one great message. I'm bone stock as for now

True......

FlankerDFR 12-12-2012 08:45 AM

Ordered an SCT from FSWerks yesterday! Thanks to Randy for taking the time to answer my questions, and educating me on a couple of misconceptions I had about current reflash tech. [thumb]

Slammed_2.0 12-12-2012 06:22 PM

Trust me on this, You will absolutly LOVE your ST with Randy's tune. I ONLY go to Randy for tuning for my Focus. He tuned my '10 Focus that was turbo'd.

FlankerDFR 12-17-2012 08:27 AM

My FSW SCT is going to be delivered today! Where the heck is the OBD II port in my Focus?

Disregard! Found the access to the OBD II OK, curtesy of another thread in the forums here. That, and the fact the port cover had OBD cast into the front of it. [idea] Hhhhhhmmmmmm???????? Wonder if that could be it?? [hihi]

Just gotta wait for the new horsepower to arrive now!

Slammed_2.0 12-17-2012 04:51 PM

Let us know how you like it

felixthecat 12-17-2012 06:22 PM

[QUOTE=Slammed_2.0;4487173]First of let me start off by saying the ST is a great car coming out of factory turbo. Great responsiveness and great around corners.That sounds great got to love that.<<<<<
There is absolutly nothing I dislike about my new tune. Hell Randy even sent me an extra 91 OCT tune for when I move up north to Oregon.<<<<<
[welcome]to the N/W.

So this means your going to join our N/W section now? And attend a few of our g2g's? huh? Thats great.