Focus Fanatics

Focus Fanatics (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   Ford Focus & General Car Chat (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   $1,052.00 :-( (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=303771)

1990 GT-X 12-06-2012 12:31 AM

$1,052.00 :-(

Well as you guys may have seen in the wanted parts section, i have been trying to find a used set of 2010-2011 SES headlights and grill for quite a while now. I have an 08 SES and i hate the chrome look. So i wanted to buy a used set of lights and grill hoping to save some money buying this stuff. Well, No one answered my wanted ad. So i bought the stuff new at Ford. Each headlight was $365.00 and the grill was 251.00. So after tax and all i paid $1,052.00 after all said and done. I feel that's a ton of money for just these parts but i wanted to get this stuff and finish my swap. Now i know why insurance company's total these cars with such little damage. Because Ford i feel is really ripping people off with there prices on there stuff for these cars. [thumbd] I buy stuff for my rare RX-7 and 3000GT VR-4 at the dealer and pay way less for the stuff there then these Ford parts. Unbelievable. Just venting. [rant]

iminhell 12-06-2012 01:01 AM

LMAO.

Sorry but, just because you want something doesn't mean Ford is to blame at all.
Prices are set according to cost of production, materials, quality and many other factors. Just as any price from any for profit business is set.

Not that you couldn't have just opened your lights and painted them or anything ...

Blue5ive 12-06-2012 01:06 AM

I'm guessing you wanted the black look but you didn't specify. If so you coulda saved yourself a ton of money and painted the stuff. Even painted professionally woulda been 1/3 the cost.

sleepyboy 12-06-2012 02:10 AM

Did you shop around? I always plug a part number into google shopping and almost always bring up the part somewhere else for much cheaper. Heck a lot of times it's Ebay lol

redSVT_03 12-06-2012 02:12 AM

car-part.com
rockauto.com
google.com
ebay.com
YouCantBuyCommonSense.com
[facepalm]

jinstall 12-06-2012 02:24 AM

/\ what he said.

xxMichaelAnthony 12-06-2012 02:32 AM

A can of satin black spray paint - $6
Baking your headlights and pulling them apart - A few cents/30 minutes
Spraying your headlights and grill - A few minutes
Sealant to re-seal headlights - $3
Coming on here and bitching about dealership pricing and now realising you could have achieved the exact same thing for about $10 and a couple hours of your time - PRICELESS!

5characters 12-06-2012 05:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1990 GT-X (Post 4485982)
Well as you guys may have seen in the wanted parts section, i have been trying to find a used set of 2010-2011 SES headlights and grill for quite a while now. I have an 08 SES and i hate the chrome look. So i wanted to buy a used set of lights and grill hoping to save some money buying this stuff. Well, No one answered my wanted ad. So i bought the stuff new at Ford. Each headlight was $365.00 and the grill was 251.00. So after tax and all i paid $1,052.00 after all said and done. I feel that's a ton of money for just these parts but i wanted to get this stuff and finish my swap. Now i know why insurance company's total these cars with such little damage. Because Ford i feel is really ripping people off with there prices on there stuff for these cars. [thumbd]I buy stuff for my rare RX-7 and 3000GT VR-4 at the dealer and pay way less for the stuff there then these Ford parts. Unbelievable. Just venting. [rant]

Yeah dealer prices are a b!tch , for my Jeep the dealership want $700 for the light bar, and another $250 to install and what not, (luckily I know some people thatíll help with the install.) But I feel your pain on prices.

WiscoGTI 12-06-2012 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iminhell (Post 4486004)
Not that you couldn't have just opened your lights and painted them or anything ...

That's what I was thinking..

calebstubstad 12-06-2012 07:27 AM

you coulda bought a slightly used turbo for that price. lol