Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   MK3 Focus (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=121)
-   -   2012 Focus, How to find the tranny serial number? (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=303758)

powermax 12-05-2012 10:09 PM

2012 Focus, How to find the tranny serial number?
 
How do I check the tranny number?

suss6052 12-05-2012 10:52 PM

Not 100% sure if this is just the harness number, but I don't think so.

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/--...1/SAM_1188.JPG

Tag is located on the harness right on top of the gearbox, there is another plate on the gearbox itself saying something about ford getrag, but that one doesn't really have any information on it.

Mine was built 3/30/12, car was built 4/23/12.

powermax 12-06-2012 10:49 AM

That's mine. My car was built on 23/04/2012 as well. https://wygmiw.bay.livefilestore.com...M9CLd5/tag.JPG

suss6052 12-06-2012 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by powermax (Post 4486396)
That's mine. My car was built on 23/04/2012 as well. https://wygmiw.bay.livefilestore.com...M9CLd5/tag.JPG

That link doesn't seem to work or requires registration and access to be granted before it can be seen.

powermax 12-07-2012 06:44 AM

Sorry. There we go. http://s7.postimage.org/wywrixll7/image.jpg

powermax 12-07-2012 10:13 AM

Quote:


Tag is located on the harness right on top of the gearbox, there is another plate on the gearbox itself saying something about ford getrag, but that one doesn't really have any information on it.

Mine was built 3/30/12, car was built 4/23/12.
Does yours have selectshift?

suss6052 12-07-2012 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by powermax (Post 4488121)
Does yours have select-shift?

Yes, its an SEL with the select-shift sport and manual shift modes.

Why do you ask?

powermax 12-07-2012 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suss6052 (Post 4488123)
Yes, its an SEL with the select-shift sport and manual shift modes.

Why do you ask?

Because mine doesn't and the numbers in the tag are exactly the same. I guess just the control module is different.

suss6052 12-07-2012 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by powermax (Post 4488133)
Because mine doesn't and the numbers in the tag are exactly the same. I guess just the control module is different.

You mean the same apart from the date/time and the serial number. Well as far as I know there was no physical difference between the powershift with and without select shift, it was all software programming and the switch itself that were necessary for it.

powermax 12-07-2012 12:04 PM

I thought there were more differences. They should just make it standard in all models.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:06 AM.