Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   MK1 Focus (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Securing aftermarket radio in ml1 focus (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=303653)

Zapnologica 12-04-2012 02:35 PM

Securing aftermarket radio in ml1 focus
 
Good day,

I recently got my self a nice new focus, and i am in the process of installing a new alpine radio.

Now i am familiar with the process of installing a radio, and my alpine came with the metal sleeve that its over the radio that you would generally bend all the small pieces of metal to hold it into place,

But with the focus it has got no support inside the dash, it only has those two metal structs right near the front (on each side, which the stock radio fits into)?

How do i go about securing my radio in there securely?

any tips and advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

katiekay 12-04-2012 03:07 PM

You need this:

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_003FMK5...eiver-Kit.html

To fit the stereo like this:
http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...96163701_n.jpg

Zapnologica 12-04-2012 03:20 PM

sho that dash looks really nice,

And what exactly is that kit besides a fascia plate?

I;m in SA, so that prob not so easy to find.
Is there a DIY way?

I have a fascia plate to convert the double din whole into a single din.

katiekay 12-04-2012 03:53 PM

Thanks! If you can find that kit, it clips into the radio bezel and the radio gets secured to it. Some people on here have fabbed up their own ways, here is an example:

02fordsvt used wood:
http://i1117.photobucket.com/albums/...dsvt/019-1.jpg

yunii 12-08-2012 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pyroinsa (Post 4483605)
Thanks! If you can find that kit, it clips into the radio bezel and the radio gets secured to it. Some people on here have fabbed up their own ways, here is an example:

02fordsvt used wood:
http://i1117.photobucket.com/albums/...dsvt/019-1.jpg

Hi guys, i like those nice touches, here's mine uk spec focus.
http://i321.photobucket.com/albums/n...p/IMAG0373.jpg
http://i321.photobucket.com/albums/n...p/IMAG0371.jpg

yunii

katiekay 12-08-2012 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yunii (Post 4489636)
Hi guys, i like those nice touches, here's mine uk spec focus.


yunii

I see you sourced yourself some SVT HVAC's. Nice touch. Are you converting your interior lighting to blue? the lowers look good, but the uppers would look so much better if they were blue as well. Overall, I like it so far.

Sniper Focus 12-08-2012 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zapnologica (Post 4483466)
it only has those two metal structs right near the front (on each side, which the stock radio fits into)?


I think I have the fascia plate that you're talking about, I got mine from the UK. It only has two tabs and it can't hold itself up let alone keep the radio stable. I drilled a couple of screws on the back it to make if a solid fit. Some people glue theirs in too.

Yes, I put holes in my fascia.
http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/b...l/P1010837.jpg

Top-Ace 12-09-2012 12:02 AM

Wow I want that trim plate. I get sick of not having a nice clock and that looks awesome. Is that trim plate from the UK as well? I neeeeed that clock.

Sniper Focus 12-09-2012 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Top-Ace (Post 4490215)
Wow I want that trim plate. I get sick of not having a nice clock and that looks awesome. Is that trim plate from the UK as well. I neeeeed that clock.

The fascia plate that I cut up for the Scangauge is easy to find on ebay UK. The clock bezel was on ebay US, I wasn't even looking for one and I haven't seen anymore since.

yunii 12-09-2012 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pyroinsa (Post 4489689)
I see you sourced yourself some SVT HVAC's. Nice touch. Are you converting your interior lighting to blue? the lowers look good, but the uppers would look so much better if they were blue as well. Overall, I like it so far.

no i;m not as i'll be selling it in march next year,so taking it back to stock,but i did this conversion
http://i321.photobucket.com/albums/n...andard/010.jpg
http://i321.photobucket.com/albums/n...d/IMAG0136.jpg
before it was st170 conversion
http://i321.photobucket.com/albums/n...22008058-1.jpg
http://i321.photobucket.com/albums/n...12008031-1.jpg
yunii


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:17 AM.


http://www.focusfanatics.com/aboutus/copyright.asp