Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   Brakes, Suspension & Body Chassis (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=159)
-   -   Cheap suspension.!? (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=303454)

BWM2006ZX3 12-01-2012 11:57 AM

Cheap suspension.!?

Hey guys and girls...
I have a 2006 zx3 se in scream yellow and i have about $450-$500 to spend on a suspension. If at all possible i want to try and keep it as cheap as possible but still all after market. i.e. no cutting springs. ect. I am looking for about an inch and a half drop and i kinda know what springs i am looking for. (this will be linked below) The one thing i have an issue with is looking for which shocks/struts i need to get. Ive been told to look for some Koni Yellows and some KYB (dont know the other half of that one). I havent been able to find the Koni Yellows ANYWHERE! Here is what i am looking at. The Price up above does not include an alignment price as i am able to get them done at no charge. The suspension for the car is just to reduce SOME of the wheel gap. This car is not driven hard and is not autoXed and probably wont be as long as i am the owner. Any other question just ask.

Springs: Apex Suspension Lowering Springs - 1.4" Drop -- $165.14 for 4
Link with Image! Note that the image is a bunch of random springs. NOT THE ONES THAT GO ON THE CAR

OR

Eibach Pro-Kit Performance Springs (Set Of 4 Springs) - Front:1.2 in, Rear:1.6 in -- WAS $329.00 for 4 NOW $220.43 for 4
Link with image! This image is the actual representation of the springs that will be for the vehicle.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shocks: this is what i have found although i do not know if they would be an appropriate mate for the springs.
Tokico Blue Shock - Non-adjustable - Front Left and Front Right -- $82.74 /Each
Link with Images
Tokico Blue Shock - Non-adjustable - Rear (Either Side) -- $58.50 /Each

With the Apex set up and these shocks total comes to $447.62
With the Eibach set up and these total comes to about $502.91

Thanks for reading and any information or input you can give is greatly appreciated.

HilloNative 12-01-2012 11:59 AM

You can try the svt suspension .

BWM2006ZX3 12-01-2012 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HilloNative (Post 4479060)
You can try the svt suspension .

The one issue i have with going for an SVT suspension is that i would really like to buy new as the amount of miles on used suspension equipment is a little sketchy in my mind. Plus i wouldnt know if the person hit potholes on a regular basis. Sorry i am so particular about this kind of thing but when it comes to what keeps my car on the ground i would like to buy new. If i am able to find an SVT suspension at a dealership or through Tousley then its a possibility too.

Svt_kid 12-01-2012 01:28 PM

Svt suspension is a good upgrade for daily driving and i think tously has them new, it wont get rid of much of the wheel gap (3/4th from stock) I perfer to go the coilover route its a little more expensive but well worth it in my opinion, since your not looking for performance you can save up for k-sports and you can adjust the ride hight and dampening with them aswell. Ive had mine on my car for 2k miles and i love them!

felixthecat 12-01-2012 01:43 PM

Cheap huh, First off grab the ''Omni kit" from Massive. That opens the door for more choice's='00-'05 suspension kits. Then look in the b&S section. Lots of great parts there, for some people are upgrading to coilovers & what not.

xxMichaelAnthony 12-01-2012 02:32 PM

Looks like you want to go down 1.5 so Ford Racing performance dampers (M-18000-ZX3B) and FRPP springs (M-5560-ZXM1) would probably be best bet. $368.90+ shipping from CFM. You could probably get everything cheaper from Tousley.

SkyPilot 12-01-2012 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxMichaelAnthony (Post 4479208)
Looks like you want to go down 1.5 so Ford Racing performance dampers (M-18000-ZX3B) and FRPP springs (M-5560-ZXM1) would probably be best bet. $368.90+ shipping from CFM. You could probably get everything cheaper from Tousley.

This^

Marbs 12-01-2012 08:31 PM

I LOVE my FRPP kit, I would also recomend going that route. SVT kit won't work unless you change out the front end, or get a kit as metioned above.

BWM2006ZX3 12-02-2012 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxMichaelAnthony (Post 4479208)

Going this route seems like it would be the most possible/practical now.
first image/item
only item on page
My guess is shopping would be around $50 and maybe two days because he's 6 hours away.
$308.00+ shipping. So about $360.

TheGlassMaker 12-02-2012 01:39 AM

Megan racing springs, with KYB-AGX adjustables. Gives ya a easy 2" drop.