Focus Fanatics

Focus Fanatics (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Technical Chat (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Please, I'm begging you all... (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=303428)

Andrews-bad-SE 11-30-2012 10:19 PM

Please, I'm begging you all...
 
In case you (the reader) are new, here's a back story so you don't have to see the other posts about this (and [welcome] ):

I have a 2003 Zetec with a CAI.

Lately, it's been throwing a PO2195 code (Upstream O2 sensor stuck/biased lean, bank 1, sensor 1).

I've been searching high and low for answers, and nothing's working.

I even did some thinking, checked for vaccuum leaks. Nothing.

I don't know what to do, i'm at my wits end here.

I need someone with some experience to shoot me some advice!
[hatchet] [:(!] [scratch]

mainest 11-30-2012 10:34 PM

P2195- Lack of H2OS-11 switch, Sensor indicates lean.

Description: A HUGO sensor indicating lean at the end of a test is trying to correct for an over rich condition. the test fails when the fuel control system no longer detects switching for a colibrated amount of time.

Possible causes:

ELECTRICAL
Short to VPWR in harness or HO2S sensor
Water in harness connector
Open/Shorted HO2S circuit
Corrosion or poor mating terminals and wiring
Damaged HO2S sensor
Damaged PCM

FUEL SYSTEM
Excessive fuel pressure
Leaking fuel injectors
Leaking fuel regulator
Low fuel press or running out of fuel
Vapor recovery system

INDUCTION SYSTEM
Air leaks after MAF
Vacuum leaks
PCV system
Improper seated engine oil dipstick

EGR SYSTEM:
Leaking gasket
Stuck EGR valve
Leaking diaphrame or EVR

BASE ENGINE
Oil overfill
Cam timing
Cylinder compression
Exhaust leaks before or near HO2S sensor

Have you replaced the 02 sensor?

iminhell 11-30-2012 10:40 PM

You know, it's really damn hard to help when I have to read 15 back threads about the same thing. All of which have very little information to go on.
Nearest I can tell from all of them combined, you opened the hood. I can't find any procedures you've gone through to test parts, other than the obvious scanning for codes.

So please take more than 30 seconds to make a post, make a post, make a post, make a post and explain what you have done in detail so far.


Also, I find it coincidental that you didn't have problems until this Spectre intake was used. And no clue if you're still using it.



BTW, edit your thread and don't bypass the swear filter again. 1 and only warning I'm going to give.

matmatician 12-01-2012 12:39 AM

How many miles on the 02 sensor? They do go bad, and that will give you a CEL in some cases. I had one until I replaced mine. Get one from Steve at Toulsey Ford, he'd good people.

Andrews-bad-SE 12-01-2012 01:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iminhell (Post 4478484)
You know, it's really damn hard to help when I have to read 15 back threads about the same thing. All of which have very little information to go on.
Nearest I can tell from all of them combined, you opened the hood. I can't find any procedures you've gone through to test parts, other than the obvious scanning for codes.

So please take more than 30 seconds to make a post, make a post, make a post, make a post and explain what you have done in detail so far.


Also, I find it coincidental that you didn't have problems until this Spectre intake was used. And no clue if you're still using it.



BTW, edit your thread and don't bypass the swear filter again. 1 and only warning I'm going to give.

I didn't bypass any filters, and I didn't swear. I don't even know how to do that. Calm down man. Also, I've made maybe 2 or 3 about this, and until the last one where someone told me about a trick to check for vaccuum leaks, nothing has come from it. I did search, before you start on that too.

I'm not using the Spectre thing anymore, I have an actual aluminium Factory Tuned CAI now.

Yeah, I opened the hood. I checked for vaccuum leaks. I put in a brand new sensor. I checked all my connections. I tried everything I could think of at the time. It's a code I've never dealt with before. Not everyone's a seasoned veteran dude. I have a $75 Mac Tools code reader, a craftsman toolbox, and a somewhat decent idea of what's going on. I'm not a Focus god like you and Tom. It's really annoying to see someone I have learned so many little things from go off on me like that. All I wanted was some advice.

Andrews-bad-SE 12-01-2012 01:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mainest (Post 4478475)
P2195- Lack of H2OS-11 switch, Sensor indicates lean.

Description: A HUGO sensor indicating lean at the end of a test is trying to correct for an over rich condition. the test fails when the fuel control system no longer detects switching for a colibrated amount of time.

Possible causes:

ELECTRICAL
Short to VPWR in harness or HO2S sensor
Water in harness connector
Open/Shorted HO2S circuit
Corrosion or poor mating terminals and wiring
Damaged HO2S sensor
Damaged PCM

FUEL SYSTEM
Excessive fuel pressure
Leaking fuel injectors
Leaking fuel regulator
Low fuel press or running out of fuel
Vapor recovery system

INDUCTION SYSTEM
Air leaks after MAF
Vacuum leaks
PCV system
Improper seated engine oil dipstick

EGR SYSTEM:
Leaking gasket
Stuck EGR valve
Leaking diaphrame or EVR

BASE ENGINE
Oil overfill
Cam timing
Cylinder compression
Exhaust leaks before or near HO2S sensor

Have you replaced the 02 sensor?

This.... Thank you!!!

Andrews-bad-SE 12-01-2012 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by matmatician (Post 4478670)
How many miles on the 02 sensor? They do go bad, and that will give you a CEL in some cases. I had one until I replaced mine. Get one from Steve at Toulsey Ford, he'd good people.

I put in a new NTK p/n 22060, cleared the code, and it came up again.... The one that was in it was original, at 134,000mi.

mikebontoft 12-01-2012 01:31 AM

If I am not mistaken, NTK is not a recommend sensor for these... however I doubt that is the problem. 50% doubt anyway. bad new parts are of no surprise to me. verify that you have no exposed wires though.

I haven't posted in threads previous because it didn't make any sense. now that we have more information, I think you'll get some more help. Insulting other members won't get you far either though.

sleepyboy 12-01-2012 01:38 AM

NTK is the OEM manufacturer Mike, nothing wrong with using them. It's the Bosch O2's our cars don't like. I have a NTK and it's identical to the factory sensor.

mikebontoft 12-01-2012 01:41 AM

really? well I'm glad you straightened that out then. I thought it was the other way around.

anyway OP... do you have multimeter?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:29 PM.


http://www.focusfanatics.com/aboutus/copyright.asp