Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   Ford Focus & General Car Chat (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   VW DSG way better then Ford Powershift (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=303401)

GhiaFan 11-30-2012 01:30 PM

VW DSG way better then Ford Powershift

Everytime I read someone posting that VW's dual clutch transmission is blessed by the Pope and so much better then Ford's Powershift it always makes me [giddy].

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

The video is in French but it is self explanatory.
BTW the DCT in the car in the video is a dry clutch 7 speed.
Can you imagine being able to drive forward but gear selector in R hahahahahahaha

Also if you think the wet clutch from BorgWarner is a sweetie
YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

this guy is a comedian
YouTube Video

think again.

LouBomb 11-30-2012 01:47 PM

lol i hated the dsg in my wife's jetta. so quirky

Nickgt40 11-30-2012 02:15 PM

I was more annoyed by the guy speaking French then the issue with the tranny.

Holy crap that language is annoying.

And give me a 3rd pedal and a stick any day of the week.

lyonsroar 11-30-2012 04:10 PM

Hrmmm...

Well I've just had my DSG for a month and it's fantastic. Love it to death. It shifts so fast at WOT it's unbelievable. Even the SOUND it makes when it shifts is so much different...there's nothing lazy about it. It does some weird little things when it's cold, but so did my conventional auto in my Fusion. The paddle shifters are so much fun to use. Pretty much guaranteed to put a smile on my face when I play with them.

blank102 11-30-2012 08:41 PM

Frankly I'm not impressed with DSG transmissions.
I'm glad I have a manual.
[headbang]

jinxster 12-01-2012 06:59 AM

My wife's car is a brand new 2013 gti with dsg. It is a fun transmission in manual mode--and seems overall excellent--BUT if you like a clutch--and I do--its no substitute--conventional manual all the way!!

Bob G 12-01-2012 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blank102 (Post 4478233)
Frankly I'm not impressed with DSG transmissions.
I'm glad I have a manual.
[headbang]

+1

Bob

WiscoGTI 12-01-2012 07:29 PM

Volkswagens suck. Worst cars to own.

Red Jay 918 12-01-2012 09:13 PM

personally the only dual clutch transmissions i find impressive are the ones in the Ferrari's (mostly), Porsche's and Lamborghini's. basically the rich, expensive, far out of my reach cars. throttle input on them is incredibly weird from my time moving around some 2012 Focus' and a Veloster.

lyonsroar 12-01-2012 10:28 PM

^so you have yet to try a performance version?