Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   MK3 Focus (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=121)
-   -   ST Seats - Not for Me (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=303390)

bassmobile 11-30-2012 08:49 AM

ST Seats - Not for Me

At the dealership as I type getting the 3.5.1 MFT update and saw they had a ST in the show room. Sharp looking car! Until I sat in it!

It had the Recaro seats. Now I am a average size guy, the seats were so uncomfortable! Way to narrow for seats with large bolsters. The leather seats in my Ti are way more comfortable. That pretty much killed my excitment about the ST.

For what it is worth the Recaro's in the VW R32 were way more comfy.

GhiaFan 11-30-2012 09:08 AM

The Recaro's in the ST fit me like a glove. For sure not a one size fits all seat.

flyboyike 11-30-2012 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bassmobile (Post 4477230)
At the dealership as I type getting the 3.5.1 MFT update and saw they had a ST in the show room. Sharp looking car! Until I sat in it!

It had the Recaro seats. Now I am a average size guy, the seats were so uncomfortable! Way to narrow for seats with large bolsters. The leather seats in my Ti are way more comfortable. That pretty much killed my excitment about the ST.

For what it is worth the Recaro's in the VW R32 were way more comfy.

Darn. And here Ford had its future riding on the sale of one ST to you. I guess Mullaly better start the winddown process.

starfuryt550 11-30-2012 09:22 AM

Sat in the ST3 in my friends car. The seats are awesome. I'm 5'6" and 165, not fat lol. They fit amazing.

Sonic_HedgeHog 11-30-2012 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyboyike (Post 4477288)
Darn. And here Ford had its future riding on the sale of one ST to you. I guess Mullaly better start the winddown process.

Flyboy... Stay on topic and pump the brakes a bit please

flyboyike 11-30-2012 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sonic_HedgeHog (Post 4477306)
Flyboy... Stay on topic and pump the brakes a bit please

If you could explain to me which part of my post was off-topic, I would be most grateful. Keep in mind I'm a very poorly-educated man (only a two-year degree), so you may need to use real simple terms lest you lose me.

matmatician 11-30-2012 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GhiaFan (Post 4477260)
The Recaro's in the ST fit me like a glove. For sure not a one size fits all seat.

Same, I quite like them :) I'd get them in blue to put in my car in a heartbeat! But I am a bit on the small side.

RonMaiden 11-30-2012 09:34 AM

Maybe the base seats which are the SE's sport seats might fit better.

bassmobile 11-30-2012 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyboyike (Post 4477288)

FYI, never had plans to get a ST smart a**

My Ti has way more options and with the 18s looks just as good.

BaconZombie 11-30-2012 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyboyike (Post 4477311)
If you could explain to me which part of my post was off-topic, I would be most grateful. Keep in mind I'm a very poorly-educated man (only a two-year degree), so you may need to use real simple terms lest you lose me.

Maybe just try to be less of a smart-aleck.

Bassmobile, I can understand where you're coming from. I haven't sat in an ST yet, but I have been in STI's and Evo's, and didn't like the seats in either of those. Of course, they just seemed a little thin, stiff and junky to me. The Recaros in the ST at least look a little beefier.