Focus Fanatics

Focus Fanatics (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   MK3 Focus (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=121)
-   -   Headliner "repair kit" on backorder? (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=303361)

Shorty Long 11-29-2012 08:40 PM

Headliner "repair kit" on backorder?

anyone else having trouble getting this item? i took my '12 focus in to fix the headliner and my dealer said they needed to order some kind of repair kit.

after 3+ weeks of waiting i called my dealer and they told me it was on backorder...that was a week ago; so i'm now at over 4 weeks waiting for this kit

anyone else been told this part is on backorder?

Rememo 11-29-2012 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shorty Long (Post 4476558)
anyone else having trouble getting this item? i took my '12 focus in to fix the headliner and my dealer said they needed to order some kind of repair kit.

after 3+ weeks of waiting i called my dealer and they told me it was on backorder...that was a week ago; so i'm now at over 4 weeks waiting for this kit

anyone else been told this part is on backorder?

Haven't taken mine in yet, but I'd REALLY like to know what this "kit" is.

Can you post a copy of your work order once the work is complete?

Bwill9886 11-30-2012 05:16 AM

Yeah, that's not good.

About to take mine in for it's 10,000 mile maintenance and that was one of the other things I wanted them to tackle.

Shorty Long 11-30-2012 05:29 AM

i'll try, but my dealership isn't very good about putting details on their work orders

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rememo (Post 4476575)
Haven't taken mine in yet, but I'd REALLY like to know what this "kit" is.

Can you post a copy of your work order once the work is complete?

TehMark 11-30-2012 09:38 AM

Whats the back story here? Why are they repairing instead of replacing? The reglue tactic on fixing the headliner turned out pretty poorly in my personal experience. I'd press them for a new one if you can.

Shorty Long 11-30-2012 10:22 AM

dealership didn't even know what repair kit entailed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TehMark (Post 4477344)
Whats the back story here? Why are they repairing instead of replacing? The reglue tactic on fixing the headliner turned out pretty poorly in my personal experience. I'd press them for a new one if you can.

TehMark 11-30-2012 01:53 PM

Oh man, that's right, i think you need a new dealer. I remember now that you were asking about a repair kit a few weeks back when I was getting my headliner fixed. That is waaay too long of a wait. You might just want to PM fordcustomerservice your info so they can escalate things.

FordService 12-03-2012 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shorty Long (Post 4476558)
...after 3+ weeks of waiting i called my dealer and they told me it was on backorder...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rememo (Post 4476575)
Haven't taken mine in yet...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bwill9886 (Post 4477047)
...About to take mine in for it's 10,000 mile maintenance and that was one of the other things I wanted them to tackle.

Shorty Long, Rememo, & Bwill9886,

Have no fear; Cory is here! LOL JK [;)]

Iím the new Ford Service rep on the forum, and I can help by escalating this up to your regionsí customer service managers. So I can do this, please send me your contact details (including your VIN, full name, daytime phone number, mileage, and dealer name/state).

Quote:

Originally Posted by TehMark (Post 4477806)
...You might just want to PM fordcustomerservice your info so they can escalate things.

This is a great recommendation, TehMark. [:D]

Cory

Shorty Long 12-09-2012 02:33 AM

update...
now on week 6

got the obligatory call from customer "service" person last Tuesday; she was supposed to "get things done" and call me by the end of the week...no dice

that's the last time i fall for this offer of "assistance" from Ford Customer "Service"

cuke2u 12-09-2012 07:51 AM

Hi, mine had a complete new headliners as they can't be repaired, according to my dealer that is.