Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   Brakes, Suspension & Body Chassis (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=159)
-   -   Eibach springs (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=303307)

jrgtrain 11-29-2012 10:37 AM

Eibach springs

Hello all.

I am currently running Eibach sportlines on my 00' Kona. I am contemplating swapping the front springs with Prolines because I am tired of the inner tire wear and I do not want to spend the big bucks for camber plates. I have read the SPC camber plates are not good. This leads me to my questions.

This is relative only to MK1 Foci.

1. Is anyone on this forum currently running Eibach Prolines on the front of the car and Sportlines on the rear?

2. Does anyone have any pictures of this set up?

Thanks everyone

Gil

Buickboy 11-29-2012 02:49 PM

never had an issue with tire wear on my front end with sportlines. no camber plates either.

Whats your alignment look like? excessive toe could be eating your tires

felixthecat 11-29-2012 04:34 PM

No issues w/ the sportline system. How is the toe alignment?

jrgtrain 09-02-2014 07:58 AM

Bump for an answer to questions 1 and 2.

jrgtrain 10-06-2014 01:50 PM

October BOO-MP for an answer to questions 1 and 2.

OldGray320i 10-06-2014 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrgtrain (Post 6985481)
October BOO-MP for an answer to questions 1 and 2.

Apparently not, and, depends on if you just want to a) run a certain spring combination, or b) solve your tire wear problem.

If b) (as I interpret it...) then the answers given are certainly valid, depending on your definition of inner tire wear - i.e. is the wear at a nice consistent "angle" from inner to outer edge (indicative of excessive camber), or, is it wearing down a "line" exclusive to the far inner edge (definitely toe problems).

Question for you, what is the alignment spec currently? If it's the "factory" setting then you have steering component out of spec/loose/binding etc... None of my lowered cars with "excessive" camber have ever worn the tires edge exclusive unless a toe setting was whacked.

Cheers.

felixthecat 10-06-2014 09:07 PM

[QUOTE=OldGray320i;6988657]Apparently not, and, depends on if you just want to a) run a certain spring combination, or b) solve your tire wear problem.

If b) (as I interpret it...) then the answers given are certainly valid, depending on your definition of inner tire wear - i.e. is the wear at a nice consistent "angle" from inner to outer edge (indicative of excessive camber), or, is it wearing down a "line" exclusive to the far inner edge (definitely toe problems).

Question for you, what is the alignment spec currently? If it's the "factory" setting then you have steering component out of spec/loose/binding etc... None of my lowered cars with "excessive" camber have ever worn the tires edge exclusive unless a toe setting was whacked.

^^^^ I'd say the same thing. Your alignment spec's would tell you what you need. I don't know anyone w/ a focus that's running, springs that sit lower in the rear then the front. I'm running -2* on the front w/ cfm arms & have no weird tire wear.

jrgtrain 10-07-2014 12:16 PM

Thanks for the feedback. I am trying to kill two birds with one stone.

My car currently sits lower in the front than the rear. It displays a slight "rake". I was thinking I could put Eibach Pro-Line springs in the front to raise it up and keep the Sport-Line springs in the rear to even the look out. At the same time this would even out the camber of the front wheels to allow the front tires to wear more evenly instead of having the "angled" wear (inner to outer). The shocks/struts are fairly new so I am going to leave it all alone. I am looking to sell the car this year anyway.

Thank again Fanatics.

OldGray320i 10-07-2014 12:44 PM

You might look in to thicker spring pads, too. Energy Suspension used to have varying sizes, I imagine there are other sources too. Good luck.