Focus Fanatics

Focus Fanatics (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   MK3 Focus (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=121)
-   -   Tak'in the Foci in for an Oil Leak and other probs. (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=303246)

kc5rui 11-28-2012 01:05 PM

Tak'in the Foci in for an Oil Leak and other probs.

After 18,000 miles it developed a pretty good oil leak. I removed the under panel and saw oil drips hanging from some bolt heads. Seems to be coming from around the exhaust manifold area, as it burns it can be smelled.

Also will have them check out a few other concerns such as the Drooping Mirror Syndrome, Front End Clunking, Headliner Rattles, etc....

I figure this will take a couple days to get fixed and wondering if anyone has had any luck getting a loaner from the dealer while repairs are being made.

:/EDIT|:
Pictures are on page 2 post #14

Kabigon 11-28-2012 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kc5rui (Post 4474438)
After 18,000 miles it developed a pretty good oil leak. I removed the under panel and saw oil drips hanging from some bolt heads. Seems to be coming from around the exhaust manifold area, as it burns it can be smelled.

There is a TSB for that problem with your Focus.

dbenney 11-28-2012 06:22 PM

you are looking at warranty work, there should be NO reason they shouldnt give you a loaner.

kc5rui 11-29-2012 02:19 PM

Ok dropped the car off at the dealership this morning. The Service Advisor smelled the oil burning and saw leak. Told them to look at the front end and the drooping mirror also. After reading the horror story in another thread about a dealer trying to fix a rattle in the headliner I decided to fix that rattle myself.

They did give me a rental car, its a 2012 Ford Focus SE. He did say that they wouldnt get to it till December 3rd, so there wasnt much argument on the loaner as I live 60 miles away from the dealer and travel 50 miles daily to and from work.

kc5rui 11-30-2012 02:15 PM

The service manager called me today and said it was from where they had spilled some oil on the last oil change. I called Bullshit on that and explained why it wasnt spillage from the last oil change... 4600 miles ago is when they changed the oil and 5 days ago is when I began to smell the oil burning and seeing drips on the bottom side.... He said they put some dye in it and didnt see it come out, I suggested they run it a little longer, he said he would call back Monday.

This is the point at which I get angry with Stealerships.

Kabigon 11-30-2012 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kc5rui (Post 4477840)
The service manager called me today and said it was from where they had spilled some oil on the last oil change. I called Bullshit on that and explained why it wasnt spillage from the last oil change... 4600 miles ago is when they changed the oil and 5 days ago is when I began to smell the oil burning and seeing drips on the bottom side.... He said they put some dye in it and didnt see it come out, I suggested they run it a little longer, he said he would call back Monday.

This is the point at which I get angry with Stealerships.

Tell them to check TSB 12-5-2.

"Some 2012 Focus 2.0L gasoline direct injection (GDI) engines may exhibit an oil leak at the rear upper exhaust manifold stud area."

kc5rui 11-30-2012 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kabigon (Post 4478017)
Tell them to check TSB 12-5-2.

"Some 2012 Focus 2.0L gasoline direct injection (GDI) engines may exhibit an oil leak at the rear upper exhaust manifold stud area."

Thanks Kabigon for the specifics on the TSB. When he calls back Monday ill tell him this.

PratoN 12-03-2012 10:14 AM

I just noticed my February oil change invoice (25k miles ago) stated they found an oil leak and "Further investigation is required."

Shame on me for not reading it until now (since I'm making copies for the BBB...), but why didn't anyone bring it to my attention at the time and why hasn't anyone brought this to my attention since? I'm guessing it's the same oil leak on the top of the engine, I could never really tell if it was a leak or just dirty...

kc5rui 12-03-2012 07:57 PM

The Service Manager called this afternoon and said they cant find an oil leak, the rear view mirror is as tight as it can get, and the clunking in the front end is the transmission clicking and shifting..... Also they forgot to do the oil change.... Now what do I do. I cant make the Dealership fix my car if they are just going to make excuses.... Is there an escalation process to get these types of things dealt with?

misfire 12-03-2012 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kc5rui (Post 4482288)
The Service Manager called this afternoon and said they cant find an oil leak, the rear view mirror is as tight as it can get, and the clunking in the front end is the transmission clicking and shifting..... Also they forgot to do the oil change.... Now what do I do. I cant make the Dealership fix my car if they are just going to make excuses.... Is there an escalation process to get these types of things dealt with?

call 1-800-392-FORD and have your VIN ready