Focus Fanatics

Focus Fanatics (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   MK3 Focus (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=121)
-   -   2012 Bizarre reluctant shifting (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=303243)

Krizayjm 11-28-2012 12:14 PM

2012 Bizarre reluctant shifting
 
2012 focus SE with DTC with 18,000miles. took my car through a BP car wash the other day (too cold to do it myself, was only 39 degrees out) pulled out of the wash on to the road and as i accelerated it didnt shift rpm's were up to 5- 5.5k in first gear and took 8-10 seconds before it JERKED/ LURCHED into the next gear and did this through every gear. limped the car home luckily was only 1.5 miles away. let it sit for a few hrs before trying to drive it again. so i go to start the car and NOTHING... not a sound. tried again and started just fine. put the car in reverse let off the brake and took the car like 3-5 seconds to realize it was in gear before rolling backwards. drove the car around and was shifting through the gears fine again and has ever since. ill be scheduling an appt with the dealer for transmisssion grinding every time it shifts into 2nd and 4th gear and ill mention this issue to them as well. Anyone have ANY clue what could cause this? or have the same issue?

TehMark 11-28-2012 12:43 PM

There have been a few software updates to the transmission since your join date so the dealer may have a fix for you waiting. I haven't personally experienced your issue however.

Krizayjm 11-28-2012 12:50 PM

i got a letter in the mail a few months ago i think the update was 12b37 and thats the latest that i have. i think thats still the latest isnt it.

TehMark 11-28-2012 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krizayjm (Post 4474406)
i got a letter in the mail a few months ago i think the update was 12b37 and thats the latest that i have. i think thats still the latest isnt it.

To the best of my knowledge that is the newest still. darn

suss6052 11-28-2012 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TehMark (Post 4474400)
There have been a few software updates to the transmission since your join date so the dealer may have a fix for you waiting. I haven't personally experienced your issue however.

Actually if its since August 2012 there has not been a single update as the last one was in march/april, but it depends on when the car was built. 12B37 was the last TSB for software updates and althought there is claimed to be a difference between the first flash and some of the later versions it doesn't appear to have been fundamentally different as far as I can tell from people's reports of it.

terpsnation 11-28-2012 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TehMark (Post 4474400)
There have been a few software updates to the transmission since your join date so the dealer may have a fix for you waiting. I haven't personally experienced your issue however.

Is there any way to check which software your car is running? I purchased my '12 used, and am unsure if it received any of these updates.

TehMark 11-28-2012 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suss6052 (Post 4474410)
Actually if its since August 2012 there has not been a single update as the last one was in march/april, but it depends on when the car was built. 12B37 was the last TSB for software updates and althought there is claimed to be a difference between the first flash and some of the later versions it doesn't appear to have been fundamentally different as far as I can tell from people's reports of it.

I read that as 2011, oops

Quote:

Originally Posted by terpsnation (Post 4474552)
Is there any way to check which software your car is running? I purchased my '12 used, and am unsure if it received any of these updates.

I think you can see the version by entering the diagnostic mode but i'm unsure of what the number should be.
Diagnostic mode: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41zHLPyE-eY

Here is the 12B37 thread. Maybe something useful in that http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=286870


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:00 AM.


http://www.focusfanatics.com/aboutus/copyright.asp