Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   MK3 Focus (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=121)
-   -   what type of bulbs for rear turn signals (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=302843)

Dysan911 11-22-2012 09:39 AM

what type of bulbs for rear turn signals
 
I'm looking to replace the amber turn signal bulbs with the Sylvania silverstar ones that have a purplish reflection but actually flash amber.

They look like this..

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...2L._SS400_.jpg

Not sure what kind of bulb type we have though.


Thanks!

BetaDnB 11-22-2012 09:44 AM

Check the manual. All the bulbs are listed in there.
Posted via FF Mobile

Dysan911 11-22-2012 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BetaDnB (Post 4466348)
Check the manual. All the bulbs are listed in there.
Posted via FF Mobile

okay thanks B.

Touring05 11-22-2012 10:41 AM

those are exactly what I have. They fit but you have to shave off the side tabs of the base.

Dysan911 11-22-2012 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Touring05 (Post 4466413)
those are exactly what I have. They fit but you have to shave off the side tabs of the base.

Thanks Touring05.. I just ordered a set.. Like you, discovered the 3757's are almost identical to the 3157 but with the difference being those little nubs. Do you happen to have any pics of yours installed? I think they would look really cool on my TriCoat White metallic. I want to get rid of that yellow egg yolk effect on the rear turns.

Dysan911 11-22-2012 02:15 PM

does suck that I had to order them. Nobody seems to carry those locally.

Touring05 11-22-2012 03:32 PM

http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/4158/dsc0485oo.jpg
http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/2535/dsc0490qr.jpg

Here you go! Yeah I hate the egg yolk look too. I bought three sets of these from Pepboys two years ago. I can't find them there anymore.

Dysan911 11-22-2012 03:49 PM

looks 100x better!. Thanks for the pics!. Yeah I hear Slyvania isn't making them anymore. Boooooo

FordService 11-23-2012 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dysan911 (Post 4466341)
I'm looking to replace the amber turn signal bulbs with the Sylvania silverstar ones that have a purplish reflection but actually flash amber.

They look like this..

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...2L._SS400_.jpg

Not sure what kind of bulb type we have though.


Thanks!

Hey Dysan911,

Just as an FYI, page 127 of the Owner's Manual has all the replacement bulbs listed:

Headlamps high beam: H1
Headlamp low beam: H11LL
Turn lamp (front): W21W
Park/Side marker lamp (front): 168NA
Fog lamps (if equipped): H11 LL
Stop/tail lamp: 3157K
Turn lamp: 3757AK

You can download a copy of the Owner's Manual here: https://owner.ford.com/servlet/Conte...OwnerGuidePage

Have a great weekend,
Crystal


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:06 PM.