Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   DURATEC Performance (2003-2007) (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Exhaust (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=302641)

86fiveoh 11-19-2012 03:37 PM

Exhaust

Ok, i know i may be asking for something that is impossible, but are there any exhausts for a 2.3 Duratec that are pretty sedated? a quiet exhaust, nothing that is ricey sounding. ive looked at both FSwerks exhausts, the magnaflow and a few others and all seem to be louder than i want, and they seem to sound pretty ricey to me. granted I'm used to the exhaust of my other car, so i may be expecting a lot from the 2.3

86fiveoh 11-19-2012 03:42 PM

the only option i can think of is doing a setup with a resonator underneath and a muffler out back. I'm thinking if I go to a full 2.5" and run a resonator under the car, and a chambered muffler out back, that should mellow it out and quiet it down some as well

felixthecat 11-19-2012 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 86fiveoh (Post 4462171)
Ok, i know i may be asking for something that is impossible, but are there any exhausts for a 2.3 Duratec that are pretty sedated? a quiet exhaust, nothing that is ricey sounding. ive looked at both FSwerks exhausts, the magnaflow and a few others and all seem to be louder than i want, and they seem to sound pretty ricey to me. granted I'm used to the exhaust of my other car, so i may be expecting a lot from the 2.3

For a header equipped foci= get the Fwerk's stealth system & theres room for a 4'' x 20'' behind the stealth muffler.

rambleon84 11-20-2012 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by felixthecat (Post 4462414)
For a header equipped foci= get the Fwerk's stealth system & theres room for a 4'' x 20'' behind the stealth muffler.

With no header, the stealth exhaust is very subdued and not rice sounding at all. Not sure what sort of sound the OP is going for but I wouldnt call the stealth rice. Maybe I'll try to get a video of my exhaust from in the cabin with the windows up, can barely hear the exhaust and only really notice it when i get on it.

mpalmer91 11-20-2012 03:31 PM

If you have the oem exhaust manifold, the oem mazdaspeed3 exhaust is 2.5" and pretty quiet. I havent heard it with a header yet

felixthecat 11-20-2012 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mpalmer91 (Post 4463848)
If you have the oem exhaust manifold, the oem mazdaspeed3 exhaust is 2.5" and pretty quiet. I havent heard it with a header yet

The speed3 has a turbo, so that would make it quiet.

felixthecat 11-20-2012 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 86fiveoh (Post 4462171)

The OP ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Was asking ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Quote:

Originally Posted by rambleon84 (Post 4463654)
With no header, the stealth exhaust is very subdued and >>not rice sounding at all.<< Not sure what sort of sound the OP is going for but I wouldnt call the stealth rice. Maybe I'll try to get a video of my exhaust from in the cabin with the windows up, can barely hear the exhaust and only really notice it when i get on it.

I never said the stealth exhaust was rice sounding. I just recommended a another muffler behind the stealth & 20'' x4'' will fit.

rambleon84 11-20-2012 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by felixthecat (Post 4463905)
I never said the stealth exhaust was rice sounding. I just recommended a another muffler behind the stealth & 20'' x4'' will fit.

Wasnt saying you were, the op said ricey and i was just quoting your post to comment with out a header the exhaust is very quiet and not ricey

felixthecat 11-24-2012 11:30 PM

Wonder what a 3'' system on a 23 would sound & run like.