Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   Ford Focus & General Car Chat (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   C&D Blog - New Focus RS Possible... Speculation on U.S. (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=302614)

Borski 11-19-2012 08:57 AM

C&D Blog - New Focus RS Possible... Speculation on U.S.

Car and Driver wrote about some new rumors for a new Euro RS. Speculates about a U.S. RS.

TL;DR - Don't get your hopes up if you're stateside.

jinstall 11-19-2012 11:19 PM

Don't get your hopes up period.

Focus YBTC 11-20-2012 12:27 PM

Mark Schirmer has his head screwed on straight which is quite unusual for an auto executive spokesman. There is little crossover between Mustang drivers and Focus drivers.

Quote:

If the RS is produced, Schirmer believes there is room in the U.S. market for both a Focus RS and Mustang. After all, he said, there are front- and rear-drive enthusiasts, and he reasoned that one model would not hurt sales of the other.

mac.mogul 11-20-2012 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Focus YBTC (Post 4463622)
There is little crossover between Mustang drivers and Focus drivers.

You could not be more wrong. (Surprise!)

The Mustang and Focus are two very different cars; they are the best of both ends of the spectrum. The people who want those types of cars are all in the middle of the spectrum.

I came to the Focus from a Mustang and I know Mustang owners who graduated from a Focus.

My money is on Ford never bringing the Focus RS to America. We already know the 2.3 EcoBoost is in the pipeline. It's more likely that Europe will get the Focus RS and We'll get a Mustang with the same engine. Mustang RS maybe?? I'll take one in black!

Focus YBTC 11-20-2012 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mac.mogul (Post 4463686)
You could not be more wrong. (Surprise!)

The Mustang and Focus are two very different cars; they are the best of both ends of the spectrum. The people who want those types of cars are all in the middle of the spectrum.

I know I can count on you to imagine a poor outcome. [8D] Someone that wants a Mustang will buy one and the same for the Focus. Look at it this way, the competition for an RS are really cars like the Subaru WRX and Lancer Evolution not the Mustang. One factor in favor of the RS coming here is that the Wayne Michigan assembly plant is already up for years assembling the Focus (and Focus ST, Electric and the two C-Maxes) and it's humming along very nicely, building fine cars. Adding a Focus RS that is produced in relatively low numbers shouldn't be a problem.

jinstall 11-20-2012 05:05 PM

I made a phone call, forget the RS. You have a while to wait on anything about a RS. Forget the RS in the US period.

Yu do know that the entire production line has to be shut down to build the RS right? The tooling is NOT the same. That is how it has been done in Saarlouis since 2002.

Focus YBTC 11-20-2012 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jinstall (Post 4464094)
I made a phone call, forget the RS. You have a while to wait on anything about a RS. Forget the RS in the US period.

Yu do know that the entire production line has to be shut down to build the RS right? The tooling is NOT the same. That is how it has been done in Saarlouis since 2002.

'

Wow. You're awesome. You made one phone call and single-handedly cancelled the whole Focus RS program for the USA! Sure, and Aunty Em killed the Wicked Witch of the West too. [hihi]

Sorry to hear about "Saarlouis" whatever that is. You may not be aware of it but the Michigan Assembly Plant in Wayne Michigan has a new specifically designed line that can build different cars. Ford received hundreds of millions of dollars from the US federal govt. a few years back to retool the plant with the latest in flexible machinery so that fuel efficient cars like the new Focus, C-Max hybrids, Focus Electric and Focus ST can all be built there. They are already building 5 different Focus based cars there now.

mac.mogul 11-20-2012 08:03 PM

Wait, are they building 5 different Focus based cars at the Wayne, Michigan Assembly Plant?

Well that's the first I've ever heard of such a thing!

ThatFocusAgain 11-20-2012 08:16 PM

It would be nice to have a ford AWD hatch to compete with the WRX.

jinstall 11-20-2012 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Focus YBTC (Post 4464162)
'

Wow. You're awesome. You made one phone call and single-handedly cancelled the whole Focus RS program for the USA! Sure, and Aunty Em killed the Wicked Witch of the West too. [hihi]

Sorry to hear about "Saarlouis" whatever that is. You may not be aware of it but the Michigan Assembly Plant in Wayne Michigan has a new specifically designed line that can build different cars. Ford received hundreds of millions of dollars from the US federal govt. a few years back to retool the plant with the latest in flexible machinery so that fuel efficient cars like the new Focus, C-Max hybrids, Focus Electric and Focus ST can all be built there. They are already building 5 different Focus based cars there now.

You sit hear preaching about Ford Focus production and you have no idea what Saaurlous is? I think you need to study the history of the Ford Focus a little better. Yes, have connections at Ford like this since 2000. I predicted Ford's product line since 2002 at an average 1.000. Anyone that knows me can tell you I do have these connections.