Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Forced Induction (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Eastwood's turbo zetec build for 300hp daily driver (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=302575)

Eastwood 11-18-2012 06:25 PM

Eastwood's turbo zetec build for 300hp daily driver

Hey guys I finally decided to make a new thread for my build progress and questions
Any help is appreciated, any critiques too :D
this is going to be an epic build because it is first time when I mess with car like that
and I'm a software engineer not a car mechanic so sorry for stupid questions :D :D
and I do speak 3 languages so sorry for my grammar or misspelling although who cares right?

my parts list:
1) a brand new zetec engine block with supertech pistons and eagle rods and stock crank balanced for 9 k rpm)
2) Ford Racing head with a Crower valve springs and TITANIUM retainers installed
4) Crower turbo grind cam gears - will need to buy
5) AEM adjustable cam gears
6) Gates timing belt
7) 2000 zetec Intake manifold + Focus Sport 70 mm TB
8) Torsen LSD for MTX-75 - need to install
9) Diablo Mafia
10) Focus Power DIY turbo kit
11) turbo charger - probably garrett 28rs or turbonetics super 60
12) CFM billet oil pump gears
14) SAMCO blue engine coolant hose kit

Looking to get 300 - 350 hp at the 7 k rpm for now and then will see if will go with a different setup and diff hp levels and drag race it

an original 20 K miles engine is out of the car and will not touch it for now- will keep it as replacement. Currently building my new engine with all the parts above.

And yeah I got my hands on FOCUS RS body parts: bumpers and arches the only piece is missing is side skirts

Eastwood 11-18-2012 06:39 PM

I know SVT power steering line is exact the same with sensor
Any SVT turbo focus owners have experience with that?

Roushturboedzx3 11-19-2012 09:36 AM

You don't need cams or any head work to make 300whp. So if you want to save money you can.

1turbofocus 11-19-2012 01:34 PM

Agree
2)
3)
4)
5)
7)

Wouldnt be needed

Tom

Eastwood 11-19-2012 02:28 PM

those parts I have and who knows maybe in the feature I will be going to more power, plus it will make it more durable-long lasting (and I'd like to rev it sometimes to 7-8k) for those 300 at wheels

Eastwood 11-19-2012 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roushturboedzx3 (Post 4461781)
You don't need cams or any head work to make 300whp. So if you want to save money you can.

the price of stock cams is probably the same deal as stock brand new from dealer - i haven't look at it yet

have you had that damn sensor in your power steering line?

Eastwood 11-19-2012 02:43 PM

does anybody know why would ford come up with a different intake manifold then 2000 edition, what was the reason? maybe 2000 intake manifold isn't really good ?

ZXthrizzle05 11-19-2012 03:21 PM

Was just a change like every car manufacturer does. And agreed half the stuff u mentioined isn't needed for just 300 ponies. U will need a bap definately. But the head work notneeded unless your head is bad and u want to kill two birds with one stone. I just realized I've been blowin out some smoke under boost so I think I'm needing a new head because it'd be cheaper than paying a shop to install new valves. But ur right on trqck and as far as turbo goes I've told ya a hundred times my opinion for the spa manifold. Do u have the pcv delete?

Eastwood 11-19-2012 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZXthrizzle05 (Post 4462225)
Was just a change like every car manufacturer does. And agreed half the stuff u mentioined isn't needed for just 300 ponies. U will need a bap definately. But the head work notneeded unless your head is bad and u want to kill two birds with one stone. I just realized I've been blowin out some smoke under boost so I think I'm needing a new head because it'd be cheaper than paying a shop to install new valves. But ur right on trqck and as far as turbo goes I've told ya a hundred times my opinion for the spa manifold. Do u have the pcv delete?

I have a pcv delete from CFM
I have been reading that precession is not really long lasting turbos as garret or turbonetics
and I want to buy one with Ball bearing and have power from like 3100 rpm and up

I think those valves with retainers is more about revs I have had honda s2000 and I like that ability of rev it up to 9 k
i know zetec is not as that but at least 7-8 k so those springs and head will suite fine btw I don't have a stock head so this head will kill 2 rabbits at once :D

does anybody have an idea what to do with that PS with sensor?

ZXthrizzle05 11-19-2012 04:38 PM

U need the oil pump gears to rev that high. And precision turbos are great...idk where you read that...and they come with warranties