Focus Fanatics

Focus Fanatics (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   MK3 Focus (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=121)
-   -   Interior Lighting Question (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=302559)

dutd33 11-18-2012 02:47 PM

Interior Lighting Question
 
So I did a quick search here and I couldn't find anything, so I was wondering if anyone knows:

When I unlock the car, I believe the interior lights used to turn on by themselves. If I open the door it would turn on as well. It doesn't know. When I open the door it will turn on by only AFTER I've started the car.

Does anyone know how to change this? I've looked in the manual but this is all it says:

INTERIOR LAMPS
Dome/map lamp
The dome lamp will turn on when:
any door is opened.
the remote entry controls are
pressed and the ignition is off.
To manually turn on the dome lamp and/or map lamp(s):
press to activate the dome lamp.
press to activate the map lamp(s). Some map lamps have a split
switch.
Rear dome lamp

DoubleSh0t 11-18-2012 03:57 PM

You may have switched it off. There's a button by the lamp that says 'Off' and will illuminate orange when the lamp is disabled. Press that button and the overhead lights should turn on when you open the door.

Bogey 11-18-2012 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dutd33 (Post 4460933)
So I did a quick search here and I couldn't find anything, so I was wondering if anyone knows:

When I unlock the car, I believe the interior lights used to turn on by themselves. If I open the door it would turn on as well. It doesn't know. When I open the door it will turn on by only AFTER I've started the car.

Does anyone know how to change this? I've looked in the manual but this is all it says:

INTERIOR LAMPS
Dome/map lamp
The dome lamp will turn on when:
any door is opened.
the remote entry controls are
pressed and the ignition is off.
To manually turn on the dome lamp and/or map lamp(s):
press to activate the dome lamp.
press to activate the map lamp(s). Some map lamps have a split
switch.
Rear dome lamp

Turn your door dome light switch on your headliner on then off, same thing happen sometimes to me if my gf turns on the lights, and press' the wrong button.

Doctor Drew 11-19-2012 05:34 PM

My dome light only comes on about a third of the time when I get into my car.

I have no idea why it does this, but so far it's not a terribly huge issue since the ambient lighting provides enough illumination for me anyways.

JonathanGennick 11-19-2012 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doctor Drew (Post 4462401)
My dome light only comes on about a third of the time when I get into my car.

I have no idea why it does this, but so far it's not a terribly huge issue since the ambient lighting provides enough illumination for me anyways.

Same here. Happened just a few minutes ago. Door open. Light off. Have no idea why.


Sent from my iPhone using FF Mobile. Typos and terseness are to be expected.

Desmo748 11-19-2012 08:22 PM

thank god i thought i was going crazy i went through every combination of the dome light button and it still happens to my focus and the wife's. Still haven't figured it out but i am reluctant to head to my dealership after the name i have with them about the '11 250 i bought and the headache i had with that. (why i now have the 2 Foci)

cobie56 11-19-2012 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonathanGennick (Post 4462467)
Same here. Happened just a few minutes ago. Door open. Light off. Have no idea why.


Sent from my iPhone using FF Mobile. Typos and terseness are to be expected.

dunno if this is what's causing ur lights to stay off..... maybe you did it accidently....but when the interior light is on you can press and hold the forward facing button ... the light will blink then go out and it will STAY out until u press the button again..

I use this in the summer so at night when i open the door the bugs don't fly in

riparke 11-19-2012 08:53 PM

I have the opposite, dome light stays on sometimes after starting engine and driving, takes a while to shut off (almost a whole block). Yesterday they went off then came on when I pulled out of my driveway, when the locks locked. There is no rhyme or reason to this. Can't we go back to door switches tripping a relay to turn them on with a built in time delay for turn off. I think I have a bad switch/sensor and the vibration of the locks activate the switch/sensor. Light times out when it stays on.

Burns098356GX 11-19-2012 09:51 PM

The buttons on the ceiling above the driver side door controls this. Press the button that says OFF. If its illuminated, the lights will not turn on when the doors open.

Sent from my HTC-Z710a using FF Mobile

JonathanGennick 11-19-2012 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Burns098356GX (Post 4462832)
The buttons on the ceiling above the driver side door controls this. Press the button that says OFF. If its illuminated, the lights will not turn on when the doors open.

No. There is more going on than that button. My button was not lit. I opened the doors. Nothing. Went to eat. Came back. Opened the doors. Got light. Why? Beats me. Some other factor is at play that I have not yet put my finger on.




Sent from my iPhone using FF Mobile. Typos and terseness are to be expected.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:24 AM.


http://www.focusfanatics.com/aboutus/copyright.asp