Focus Fanatics

Focus Fanatics (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   SVT Performance (2002-2004) (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   my st 170 feels absolutely lazy (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=302456)

cossieboy 11-16-2012 05:38 PM

my st 170 feels absolutely lazy
 
Ok so i have given my st 170 a rest and she drives once every two weeks since i bought my self a fiesta st 150 bhp ,the car now feels super lazy ,it throws cell code imrc stuck open ,well i got a mate to start the car and the clip moves forward and returns to its original position so i guess the imrc does work alto if i jus turn the key without starting ,theres no movement , im sure its high time for a tune ,i have also read that the DSI controll can be altered via a tune for it to kick in at around 2.5k compared to the 5k ,what difference will this make ,im ready financially for a tune , i plugged in the sct 9600 and it gave me thisvehicle strategy code ujaha s2 ,i cannot find any other codes on the ecu ,help pleeez , btw if i had to ziptie the imrc on the short runners permanently ,wot will be the effect ,thanks guys

tukaniSVT 11-16-2012 06:42 PM

So, are you asking about tunes for your ST170?

There is a gentleman here under the name 1TurboFocus (Turbo Tom) that tunes the MK1 Zetec / Duratec engines.

You can find him here and get some answers to possibly remote tune your ride.

CLICK HERE - > To visit Turbo Tom's area on the site.

-Ray-

1turbofocus 11-17-2012 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cossieboy (Post 4459108)
Ok so i have given my st 170 a rest and she drives once every two weeks since i bought my self a fiesta st 150 bhp ,the car now feels super lazy ,it throws cell code imrc stuck open ,well i got a mate to start the car and the clip moves forward and returns to its original position so i guess the imrc does work

When you start the car it should pull forward and STAY it shouldnt return



Quote:

Originally Posted by cossieboy (Post 4459108)
alto if i jus turn the key without starting ,theres no movement ,

Correct some SVT move forward with just the key some you have to crank
Quote:

Originally Posted by cossieboy (Post 4459108)
im sure its high time for a tune ,i have also read that the DSI controll can be altered via a tune for it to kick in at around 2.5k compared to the 5k ,what difference will this make

You wouldnt want to move the IMRC opening to 2500 , I do move it slightly when tuning but not far
Quote:

Originally Posted by cossieboy (Post 4459108)
,im ready financially for a tune ,

I will be glad to help you with that

Quote:

Originally Posted by cossieboy (Post 4459108)
i plugged in the sct 9600 and it gave me thisvehicle strategy code ujaha s2 ,i cannot find any other codes on the ecu ,help pleeez

I do my own ECU / Strategy for the SVT so you wouldnt need the ECU code to tune with me

Quote:

Originally Posted by cossieboy (Post 4459108)
, btw if i had to ziptie the imrc on the short runners permanently ,wot will be the effect ,thanks guys

It would help with daily driveability but would hurt WOT

Tom

cossieboy 11-17-2012 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1turbofocus (Post 4459885)
When you start the car it should pull forward and STAY it shouldnt return

Ok it moves forward and returns after a few seconds , does this mean that the imrc is knackered



Correct some SVT move forward with just the key some you have to crank

You wouldnt want to move the IMRC opening to 2500 , I do move it slightly when tuning but not far

I will be glad to help you with that


I do my own ECU / Strategy for the SVT so you wouldnt need the ECU code to tune with me


It would help with daily driveability but would hurt WOT

Tom



Posted via FF Mobile

1turbofocus 11-17-2012 05:17 PM

When you strt the SVT is the IMRC doesnt go forward and stay then there is something wrong

Tom

cossieboy 11-21-2012 07:07 PM

Tom whats the between wideband and tuning using the xcal 3 , how aggressive of a tune can the st 170 handle without hurting the motor ,do i need to supply you with a dyno sheet before you write a map or is it one map fits all , wot do you need for us to get started besides the dollars lol , my understanding of you writing a custom map for my car ,you will first have to knw how the car is performing etc before you write a map ,sorry for all the noob questions

1turbofocus 11-22-2012 08:29 AM

I would send you a base tune , then we would datalog and make your tune a full custom tune to your car

I do not do aggressive tunes , I do safe tunes first then look for better driveability then performnce

I would need to mail you a xcal or if you have a flasher email you a base tune file

Tom


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:50 AM.


http://www.focusfanatics.com/aboutus/copyright.asp