Small(ish) Mods for Ford Focus
I recently started doing a lot of commuting, so I have started doing nice little mods to my 2003 Focus 1.8 TDCI (115) Zetec. I just wanted little things that made me love my car that little bit more and made it more comfortable to drive.
So far I have:
- added chrome door sill protectors.
- refurbed the alloys and painted the callipers red.
- Installed O2 Joggler to replace the radio (not yet finished)
- Replaced the cigarette lighter with a powered USB and AUX
- Retro fitted a trip computer (not yet finished)
- installed 4 channel amp under passenger seat
- installed sub and amp in boot
Mods that I am looking into, but need some help with =)
- White/brighter headlights, but not xeon conversion. I was looking at new bulbs maybe? I do a lot of cross country driving and would love brighter lights. - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Philips-1297...3018601&sr=1-1
- White (maybe LED) side lights)
- bright white LED Reg light
- white LED interior dome light
- white LED boot lighting, probably add a second light on the right in addition to the one on the left
- install arm rest
- install 2 interior lights for the back seats either side, these will come on with the front dome light.
- New wiper blades, that don't smear
- a really loud horn! For all the morons out there!
Mods that I have ruled out:
- ECU remap, I think the cons outweigh the pros. But someone may correct me
- xeon headlight conversion, legal issues and cost made me say no.
- tint windows, would love to, but I would want to go as dark as possible whilst being legal. It's hard to do this.
As you can probably tell, I hate the yellow tinged stock lights! Has anyone done any of these? Or does anyone have any cool mods they have done that you love?
I will continue to edit this post as I come across new things =)
Also, let me know if you want any information on the mods I have done already.
[welcome] to FF! [ffrocks]
I love the interior lighting mod, you need pics. We wanna see what your car looks like[thumb]
Thanks :) I won't take any pictures yet, my car is filthy! Also, the interior fabrication is between stages so doesn't look too impressive. Here's my alloy/calliper after refurb and painting:
I have to admit, I have been lurking for a long time.
My aim for the weekend coming it headlight bulbs and windscreen wipers. What experience have people had with the different one out there? What ones would you recommend?
would anyone recommend the Philips H7 X-Treme vision bulbs?
and Bosch Aerotwin wiper blades?
Any Philips bulb is great. I run the Philips Crystal Vision Ultra over here in the states. Sylvania bulbs are junk.
Wait, the osram night breakers seem to have better feedback, may be lookin into these =)
Also, what size do I need? H7? Is that the same for the fogs and main beam?
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:39 PM.|