Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   MK3 Interior Mods & Upgrades (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=123)
-   -   Replacement shorter armrest for 2012 Titanium? (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=302430)

JasonM 11-16-2012 01:31 PM

Replacement shorter armrest for 2012 Titanium?
 
I have the 2012 Ti model with heated seats, so the side-by-side cupholders are a bit too close to the front edge of the armrest, which makes pretty much every cup rub on it, as well as getting in the way when I open and close the center console. Has anyone come up with a good solution for this yet? Did Ford happen to fix this issue for 2013 so I can just order a 2013 model console cover and be done with it?

This was a major annoyance over a year ago when I bought the car, but I tried to get used to it. It's still annoying me so I thought I'd check back in. I searched both in this forum and the main MK3 forum but didn't find anything new. Anyone got any new info or able to point me to a thread that I missed?

suss6052 11-16-2012 01:43 PM

Nope they changed the cup holders by adding rubber inserts to hold cups better, but the console bin/ armrest area appear to be basically unchanged in 2013.

jdubhack 11-16-2012 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suss6052 (Post 4458807)
Nope they changed the cup holders by adding rubber inserts to hold cups better, but the console bin/ armrest area appear to be basically unchanged in 2013.

True story. The console for the '13 is the same as the '12 with the changes noted above.

1badgmc 11-17-2012 07:43 AM

It pretty much sucks when you have a 44oz styrofoam cup in there and it's rubbing on the armrest. To top it off, the rubber inserts of the '13 that are meant to hold the cup better do their job, but make it a pain as well. They hold so tight that it takes 2 hands to pull that 44oz styrofoam cup out without squeezing it so hard it breaks.

JonathanGennick 11-17-2012 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JasonM (Post 4458792)
I have the 2012 Ti model with heated seats, so the side-by-side cupholders are a bit too close to the front edge of the armrest, which makes pretty much every cup rub on it, as well as getting in the way when I open and close the center console.

My worry is that someday I'll spill coffee down those heated seat switches.

glocker 11-17-2012 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1badgmc (Post 4459702)
It pretty much sucks when you have a 44oz styrofoam cup in there and it's rubbing on the armrest. To top it off, the rubber inserts of the '13 that are meant to hold the cup better do their job, but make it a pain as well. They hold so tight that it takes 2 hands to pull that 44oz styrofoam cup out without squeezing it so hard it breaks.

44oz? I guess everything is bigger in Texas! [:D]

F'nClassy 11-17-2012 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonathanGennick (Post 4459704)
My worry is that someday I'll spill coffee down those heated seat switches.

This!! Wtf was Ford thinking with this placement.

1badgmc 11-17-2012 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glocker (Post 4459809)
44oz? I guess everything is bigger in Texas! [:D]

Work has had me making 3 1/2 hour trips to Amarillo twice-a-week for the past couple weeks. I need something big to last the trip. :)


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:28 PM.