Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   MK3 Focus (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=121)
-   -   Traveling to Maine from Texas (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=302364)

craigsfocus 11-15-2012 05:09 PM

Traveling to Maine from Texas
 
So tonight I am going on leave to travel to home (Yes, I am from Maine) for Thanksgiving with my family. I am traveling from Austin, TX to Oxford, ME which is roughly 2100 miles one way. Then I will be making the return trip to Texas toward the end of the month.

I will post my fuel mileage from each fuel up from Fuelly on here when I get to a stopping point.

Anything crazy going on along the east coast from Hurricane Sandy that I might run into on my way to Maine?

cobie56 11-15-2012 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by craigsfocus (Post 4457428)
So tonight I am going on leave to travel to home (Yes, I am from Maine) for Thanksgiving with my family. I am traveling from Austin, TX to Oxford, ME which is roughly 2100 miles one way. Then I will be making the return trip to Texas toward the end of the month.

I will post my fuel mileage from each fuel up from Fuelly on here when I get to a stopping point.

Anything crazy going on along the east coast from Hurricane Sandy that I might run into on my way to Maine?

nope.. full sun for the next week, no wind, seasonable temps.. have fun, good luck, n drive safely

F35-JSF 11-15-2012 07:18 PM

Have a safe trip.

TiStick 11-15-2012 08:05 PM

That's a wicked long trip! Be safe out there! Looking forward to your mpg's on winter gas.

misfire 11-15-2012 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by craigsfocus (Post 4457428)
So tonight I am going on leave to travel to home (Yes, I am from Maine) for Thanksgiving with my family. I am traveling from Austin, TX to Oxford, ME which is roughly 2100 miles one way. Then I will be making the return trip to Texas toward the end of the month.

I will post my fuel mileage from each fuel up from Fuelly on here when I get to a stopping point.

Anything crazy going on along the east coast from Hurricane Sandy that I might run into on my way to Maine?

If you are going to be on I95 Northbound at all, it is closed in the city of Wilmington, DE. When on I95 in Newark, DE there is an I495 and I95 split. Take the I495 split to the right. It will turn back into I95 North just before the PA line.

Most of the major stuff is close to the shorelines. You'll be fine.

craigsfocus 11-15-2012 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TiStick (Post 4457699)
That's a wicked long trip! Be safe out there! Looking forward to your mpg's on winter gas.

Quote:

Originally Posted by misfire (Post 4457718)
If you are going to be on I95 Northbound at all, it is closed in the city of Wilmington, DE. When on I95 in Newark, DE there is an I495 and I95 split. Take the I495 split to the right. It will turn back into I95 North just before the PA line.

Most of the major stuff is close to the shorelines. You'll be fine.

Thanks Guys! It is gonna be a Wicked Long Trip. Plus, I have my wife and two small dogs.[facepalm] I won't be going through Delaware. I am gonna take I-78 to stay North of Philly. I will be going through I-95 through New Jersey, New York and Connecticut then onto CT-15. I will be hitting the road in about 2 hours so I can go sign out on leave then I will be on my way to Maine.

misfire 11-15-2012 09:37 PM

Safe travels!


Sent from my iPhone 4 using FF Mobile

Zillon 11-15-2012 09:42 PM

You'd probably be better off going around Manhattan, instead of taking I95 through the city.

I'd go 78->287->87 across the Tappan Zee->287, and pick up I95 north of the city.

That's just me, though. I stay away from NYC at all costs when driving.

Looks like you'll have gorgeous weather for the most part, though. Enjoy the trip!

TiPilot 11-16-2012 11:20 AM

Have a safe trip!

Also, might be a good chance for a long-run test of premium vs. regular.

My Ti seems to prefer 93 octane for all-highway runs. I've got as high as 45.0 over nearly 500 miles cruising at 65 MPH. Doesn't seem to help when it's mixed city/hwy but I have seen a difference with premium on all-highway.

cobie56 11-16-2012 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zillon (Post 4457856)
You'd probably be better off going around Manhattan, instead of taking I95 through the city.

I'd go 78->287->87 across the Tappan Zee->287, and pick up I95 north of the city.

That's just me, though. I stay away from NYC at all costs when driving.

Looks like you'll have gorgeous weather for the most part, though. Enjoy the trip!

OMG never go thru manhattan or the bronx... take the nj turpike thru the oranges then join up w/ 287 connect w/ I95


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:30 PM.


http://www.focusfanatics.com/aboutus/copyright.asp