Focus Fanatics

Focus Fanatics (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Technical Chat (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Help! "Drippy" 2013 Ford Focus Hatchback (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=302337)

FocusPony 11-15-2012 10:09 AM

Help! "Drippy" 2013 Ford Focus Hatchback

Hi,

I bought a brand new 2013 Ford Focus in late August. On 10/8/2012, I opened the car and it smelled really strange. After poking around in the car, I discovered that the driver's side floor carpet was soaked (both driver's seat and passenger seat behind it). I took the vehicle in for servicing and they found that a seal wasn't latched in correctly and fixed it.

On 10/27/2012, I drove my car to the store and back. The weather had been dry and the roads were dry. When I got back, the driver's side floor had a wet area on the carpet right under the handle for the hood release. The handle was also wet. I took the car back to the dealer. They looked over it for a week, had Ford regional people look at it, soaked it in their car wash, and couldn't get the problem to reappear.

Today, 11/15/2012; same thing as on 10/27. The floor had water dripped on it and the handle was wet again. It's not raining and the roads are dry. So, I'm going to contact the dealer again.

I've written to Ford because I'm afraid I might have a lemon. State law requires me to follow certain procedures and writing Ford directly is one of them.

The car doesn't appear to have a leak since the problem can't be replicated by drenching the car with water, but something is causing water to end up on the carpet. The car is starting to get a weird smell in it from all the water and I'm concerned about mold.

Is anyone else with a 2013 having this problem???

FordService 11-15-2012 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FocusPony (Post 4456812)
Hi,

I bought a brand new 2013 Ford Focus in late August. On 10/8/2012, I opened the car and it smelled really strange. After poking around in the car, I discovered that the driver's side floor carpet was soaked (both driver's seat and passenger seat behind it). I took the vehicle in for servicing and they found that a seal wasn't latched in correctly and fixed it.

On 10/27/2012, I drove my car to the store and back. The weather had been dry and the roads were dry. When I got back, the driver's side floor had a wet area on the carpet right under the handle for the hood release. The handle was also wet. I took the car back to the dealer. They looked over it for a week, had Ford regional people look at it, soaked it in their car wash, and couldn't get the problem to reappear.

Today, 11/15/2012; same thing as on 10/27. The floor had water dripped on it and the handle was wet again. It's not raining and the roads are dry. So, I'm going to contact the dealer again...

Hi FocusPony,

I'd like to step in here and see how I can help. Send me a PM with your VIN, dealer, mileage, daytime phone number, and full name; I'll start exploring some options.

Thanks!
Crystal

FocusPony 11-15-2012 01:16 PM

Thanks, Crystal! I just sent you a PM.

FordService 11-15-2012 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FocusPony (Post 4457123)
Thanks, Crystal! I just sent you a PM.

You're welcome, FocusPony! Check your inbox; I just sent you a response. [:)]

FocusPony 11-16-2012 05:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FordCustomerService (Post 4457211)
You're welcome, FocusPony! Check your inbox; I just sent you a response. [:)]

Thanks again, Crystal! Everyone at both Ford Company and the Ford dealership that I work with has been very nice and quick to respond. I know that we'll come to a successful resolution to the water problem. I'll let you know how it all turns out! [:)]

FordService 11-16-2012 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FocusPony (Post 4458095)
Thanks again, Crystal! Everyone at both Ford Company and the Ford dealership that I work with has been very nice and quick to respond. I know that we'll come to a successful resolution to the water problem. I'll let you know how it all turns out! [:)]

You're very welcome and thanks for keeping me in the loop! Let me know if you have any other questions.

Have a great weekend!
Crystal

patsyq@live.com 01-23-2013 06:22 PM

2013 Ford Focus same problem

Quote:

Originally Posted by FocusPony (Post 4456812)
Hi,

Today, 11/15/2012; same thing as on 10/27. The floor had water dripped on it and the handle was wet again. It's not raining and the roads are dry. So, I'm going to contact the dealer again.

I've written to Ford because I'm afraid I might have a lemon. State law requires me to follow certain procedures and writing Ford directly is one of them.

The car doesn't appear to have a leak since the problem can't be replicated by drenching the car with water, but something is causing water to end up on the carpet. The car is starting to get a weird smell in it from all the water and I'm concerned about mold.

Is anyone else with a 2013 having this problem???

I hope you are still out there becasue I am having the same problem with water in the floor, it was after some hard raining so I have no Idea just that its been in the shop now for 3 days and they still can't tell me nothing.
I would really love to find out how things went with you.

please email me at patsyq@live.com.