Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   Fanatics: Texas (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=106)
-   -   I need your help (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=302247)

FLYLOW 11-14-2012 10:26 AM

I need your help

hello everyone!

i need your help... anyone know of a nice friendly place to take my car for inspection?

i have no...

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ssa526/cat.jpg

someone please pm me the place please i need this done soon [driving]

FLYLOW 11-14-2012 03:10 PM

anyone???

tukaniSVT 11-14-2012 09:43 PM

Why doesn't your ride have an inspection sticker? If you don't mind me asking.

I go to a small place in the 2nd ward area.

-Ray-

Blue5ive 11-15-2012 02:17 AM

Didn't think they even check for a cat. Just plug into your obd2 port a run. As long as no codes and no cel and everything reads ready you should be good. Paul has had no cat for years with no problems passing.

sleepyboy 11-15-2012 02:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blue5ive (Post 4456438)
Didn't think they even check for a cat. Just plug into your obd2 port a run. As long as no codes and no cel and everything reads ready you should be good. Paul has had no cat for years with no problems passing.

Tis true, I been to multiple places and still pass. I failed once though cause I had exhaust leaks near the muffler from rust. Was a great excuse to tell my wife I needed a new exhaust [hihi]. Bought a new Magnaflow exhaust and they still failed me from it leaking slightly at the joint, raised some hell and they passed me. Now I take it to where I used to work at since they can now do inspections and don't care as long as the CEL isn't on and there are no codes to make me fail. I'd try any mom and pop place that can do inspections and you should pass.

tukaniSVT 11-15-2012 08:52 AM

There are a couple of places that do a visual check though. I went to one once on Westheimer. I don't go back there any more because they also charge a bit more than everyone else.

-Ray-

FLYLOW 11-15-2012 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tukaniSVT (Post 4456027)
Why doesn't your ride have an inspection sticker? If you don't mind me asking.

I go to a small place in the 2nd ward area.

-Ray-

it does, expires 12/12... should be getting my renewed reg soon in the mail soon, but i need to do the inspection i guess. My cel pops out everytime the ECU cycles... my question is... i can reset the ecu before going to a place, will this be good enough? its my 1st time doing an inspection here in tx... back home i would just pay the guy an extra $20 and he wouldnt care. He would bend the cord in the muffler hookup and it would pass no problem, they dont even check anything, no lights, signals, visuals, codes, tires nothing, just hook up the machine for a paper/computer trail and done!

so no cat, cel reseted and im good?

Blue5ive 11-15-2012 03:25 PM

They don't put anything in your tailpipe for our cars. If you reset the ecu and clear any codes and cel is visible you should be ok. The regular shops just hook up to the ob2 and check your tint, brakes, lights, horn, turns and wipers.

FLYLOW 11-15-2012 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blue5ive (Post 4457219)
They don't put anything in your tailpipe for our cars. If you reset the ecu and clear any codes and cel is visible you should be ok. The regular shops just hook up to the ob2 and check your tint, brakes, lights, horn, turns and wipers.

oh damn! back home they insert like a 1' metal spiral sensor looking thing in the tailpipe and rev the car at 3-4k for like 30 secs. if you have no cat you dont pass so what they do is bend the cord and it tricks the computer [wrenchin]

sleepyboy 11-15-2012 05:46 PM

They only do that in certain states and cars older than 96' pre OBD II cars. You may not pass if you reset the ECU it may say "not ready" it will need a few drive cycles on it. I've had mine say that before after resetting it and heading to the place. Had to drive around a bit to get some drive cycles on it.