Focus Fanatics

Focus Fanatics (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Racing Chat (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   who will win the NASCAR sprint cup championship? (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=302244)

indy_11 11-14-2012 08:26 AM

who will win the NASCAR sprint cup championship?

So who do you think will win and why?

and who will win the race at miami?

if you have nothing nice to say about nascar, gtfo. [gunfire]

TerryB 11-14-2012 01:16 PM

Bad Brad. He's not conservative at all. I've seen driver's over the years trying to play it safe and fail.
I look for Kenseth or Biffle for the win. No reason, just a feeling.

felixthecat 11-14-2012 02:02 PM

Keleselowski, has it wrapped up & you know the Captain is making sure nothing goes wrong. It'll give Dodge the win going out. Bummer someone doesn't pick up the Chargers. As I'm sure the captain would love to build motors for other teams, like RPM doesn't build their own motors.

indy_11 11-14-2012 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by felixthecat (Post 4455518)
Keleselowski, has it wrapped up & you know the Captain is making sure nothing goes wrong. It'll give Dodge the win going out. Bummer someone doesn't pick up the Chargers. As I'm sure the captain would love to build motors for other teams, like RPM doesn't build their own motors.

my thoughts exactly. dodge is def. competitive in nascar. they just need better drivers. too bad....I really wanted to see the new chargers race.

felixthecat 11-15-2012 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by indy_11 (Post 4456257)
my thoughts exactly. dodge is def. competitive in nascar. they just need better drivers. too bad....I really wanted to see the new chargers race.

B.K. is pretty strong. Hornish Jr is really coming on strong also. Look how thou's two stack up against some that has been there for a while, = Jamie mac, jeff burton, Montoya, Bobby Labonte, Newman, etc.

TerryB 11-15-2012 02:23 PM

Dodge is taking away all involvement in NASCAR. It's not Penske's decision. It's too bad because Penske's finally made them a front runner. Plus, it's putting 60 people from the engine shop out of work. At least they'll go out on top. I really don't want to see any ads bragging about the championship either.

felixthecat 11-15-2012 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TerryB (Post 4457216)
Dodge is taking away all involvement in NASCAR. It's not Penske's decision. It's too bad because Penske's finally made them a front runner. Plus, it's putting 60 people from the engine shop out of work. At least they'll go out on top. I really don't want to see any ads bragging about the championship either.

Thats true. Only adds are the Dart & Ram guts, glory.

Oh, is that right? ^^^^^^^^^^ I thought that was the Captains decision. I thought Ford gangled a bigger carrot in front of him than Dodge. RPM or others don't build their own motors, so I figured if someone like RPM picks up the Dodge banner, They'd need Penske motors.

FocusOnMeNow 11-15-2012 06:53 PM

We're gonna go straight, then left, then left again, then straight again.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Xparent Blue FF Mobile

TerryB 11-15-2012 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by felixthecat (Post 4457526)
Thats true. Only adds are the Dart & Ram guts, glory.

Oh, is that right? ^^^^^^^^^^ I thought that was the Captains decision. I thought Ford gangled a bigger carrot in front of him than Dodge. RPM or others don't build their own motors, so I figured if someone like RPM picks up the Dodge banner, They'd need Penske motors.

You're right. Penske did announce back in March that he was switching to Ford. Dodge had no other top team to sign, so they announced their withdrawal. They were looking at Furniture Row as a second to Penske, but that went away with the Penske switch.

felixthecat 11-16-2012 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FocusOnMeNow (Post 4457590)
We're gonna go straight, then left, then left again, then straight again.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Xparent Blue FF Mobile

Yeah, unless their on a fish bowl track or a road course.