Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   What is the latest version of sync for the 2012 Focus w/ Myford (not MFT)? (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=302243)

valmundo 11-14-2012 08:52 AM

What is the latest version of sync for the 2012 Focus w/ Myford (not MFT)?
 
I want to know what is the latest version of sync for Myford (not MFT). My 2012 Ford Focus has version 3.1.1 installed. Is that the latest version?

suss6052 11-14-2012 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by valmundo (Post 4454959)
I want to know what is the latest version of sync for Myford (not MFT). My 2012 Ford Focus has version 3.1.1 installed. Is that the latest version?

No its not the latest, they were on 4.x.x supposedly on 2013 factory built models, but there is no released update for sync w/ myford as opposed to MFT.

valmundo 11-14-2012 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suss6052 (Post 4454977)
No its not the latest, they were on 4.x.x supposedly on 2013 factory built models, but there is no released update for sync w/ myford as opposed to MFT.

But does that mean that 3.1.1 is the latest version of sync for the 2012 model?

suss6052 11-14-2012 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by valmundo (Post 4454980)
But does that mean that 3.1.1 is the latest version of sync for the 2012 model?

I don't believe so, although that was the version installed around the april 2012 time frame. I believe I saw some one mention 3.1.4 or 3.2.2 as well, but since there were no official released updates I don't know what the latest they built onto the 2012 models vs the 2013s.

They update MFT but so far standard sync with myford does not get any attention publicly

FordIVTteam 11-14-2012 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by valmundo (Post 4454980)
But does that mean that 3.1.1 is the latest version of sync for the 2012 model?

Hi, valmundo -

Update availability is based upon the model, model year, and the build date.

To see if there's an update available for your vehicle, log in to your SyncMyRide account and click on the SYNC UPDATES tab:

http://www.ford.com/syncmyride/

Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Jaclyn

suss6052 11-14-2012 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FordIVTteam (Post 4455246)
Hi, valmundo -

Update availability is based upon the model, model year, and the build date.

To see if there's an update available for your vehicle, log in to your SyncMyRide account and click on the SYNC UPDATES tab:

http://www.ford.com/syncmyride/

Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Jaclyn

I know you mean well and are trying to help, but as I've stated there has been no updates released publicly for Sync w/ MyFord unlike MFT, although there were newer versions rolling out of the plant and there may be hidden TSBs for them at the dealer level.

It would be nice to have the applink availability that was put on the 2013s, but it does feel like we were left behind.

valmundo 11-14-2012 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FordIVTteam (Post 4455246)
Hi, valmundo -

Update availability is based upon the model, model year, and the build date.

To see if there's an update available for your vehicle, log in to your SyncMyRide account and click on the SYNC UPDATES tab:

http://www.ford.com/syncmyride/

Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Jaclyn

I've tried that (this morning in fact) and all I get is my computer freezing...nothing happens.

Furthermore, your comments imply that not all 2012 Focus are eligible for the latest Myford update? Does that mean there were hardware changes midway through the model year that will make older built date cars not compatible with the latest version of sync? Otherwise, I would think all 2012 Focus should get the same update.

FordIVTteam 11-15-2012 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suss6052 (Post 4455272)
I know you mean well and are trying to help, but as I've stated there has been no updates released publicly for Sync w/ MyFord unlike MFT, although there were newer versions rolling out of the plant and there may be hidden TSBs for them at the dealer level.
It would be nice to have the applink availability that was put on the 2013s, but it does feel like we were left behind.

Hi, suss6052 -

I pass along your feedback to web support as well as engineering. I know they're looking to expand the AppLink feature to more vehicles, but I cannot speculate on availability. Future announcements will be made in our owner forum, please stay tuned:

http://boards.synccommunity.com/n/pf...cmb&listMode=0

Quote:

Originally Posted by valmundo (Post 4455465)
I've tried that (this morning in fact) and all I get is my computer freezing...nothing happens.
Furthermore, your comments imply that not all 2012 Focus are eligible for the latest Myford update? Does that mean there were hardware changes midway through the model year that will make older built date cars not compatible with the latest version of sync? Otherwise, I would think all 2012 Focus should get the same update.

You can PM me your VIN any time, valmundo, I'm happy to check for any available updates. I don't have the specifics on the hardware/software. The most recent update (3.5.1) applies to the 2012 and 2013 Focus equipped with MyFord Touch; it does not apply to the electric Focus.

Jaclyn

BLRich1 11-16-2012 03:24 PM

Moved to "Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics"

recyclebin 11-16-2012 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suss6052 (Post 4454977)
No its not the latest, they were on 4.x.x supposedly on 2013 factory built models, but there is no released update for sync w/ myford as opposed to MFT.

I just got a new 2013 SE HB (auto) with no options, so it has "Sync with MyFord" I believe (has the small color non-touch center screen, and definitely not MFT). The syncmyride.com site shows this for my version:
Sync VersionGen1 - V4.1.2.F
I haven't had it in for service, so that's the way it was right from the dealer.

I have not verified this in the vehicle itself - I seem to remember running across version numbers somewhere in the menu system. But presumably when you submit a vehicle health report (I did the other day) it sends the version information too(?)


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:04 PM.