Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   MK3 Focus (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=121)
-   -   Some Good News From Downforce USA (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=302219)

Bwill9886 11-13-2012 07:16 PM

Some Good News From Downforce USA

Well I'm sure by now most of us have drooled over Twenty's front lip/diffuser from Downforce USA by now. If not, check out this link.

Well I decided to see if I could get an update from the company on when these would be available and what pricing was looking like.... After a week of waiting Thomas sent me this:

We can start full production. At this time, we will only carry products for the Hatch. Please let me know what information you or your members would like to receive and I will gladly assist you.

Regards,
Thomas

Sounds pretty good right? The hatch comment is a little weird admittedly, considering both front ends are the same and the only production one is on a sedan haha!

Well I sent back and e-mail asking about pricing, completion time for the part, and whether they'd be willing to do a group-buy. I will obviously update this as I receive info.

Obviously you guys can e-mail them as well with interest or questions, just keep in mind it may take a while...

His e-mail is: thomas@downforceusa.com

Some Guy From NY 11-13-2012 07:32 PM

In August I had contacted Thomas from Downforce and this is what he had to say:

Quote:

I was informed that you are interested in our Ford Focus Aero Kit. First, let me say thank you for taking an interest in our products and also let you know that our Ford Focus Aero Kit comes in three types for the Hatch ONLY. They are FRP, Carbon Insert, and full Carbon. Here is the price breakdown for the aero kit: What was featured during 2011 SEMA was the Insert. Black represent the Carbon and fiberglass parts were painted to match the car.

Front Lip:
FRP: $350
Insert: $450
CF: $550

Side Skirts/Splitters:
Insert: $500
CF: $900

Rear Valence:
Insert: $450
CF: $550

Lead time is a minimum 2 weeks. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask. Thanks again.
The front lip will fit both the sedan & hatch. Everything else I believe will only fit the hatch.

BetaDnB 11-13-2012 07:37 PM

Side skirts will fit. The wheelbase is the same.
Posted via FF Mobile

ThatFocusAgain 11-13-2012 07:44 PM

Sounds really really good!

Twenty 11-13-2012 07:45 PM

Honestly, they have barely advertised this kit. I wonder if they actually know just how much people want it?

Some additional info:

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/s...&postcount=260

Bwill9886 11-13-2012 08:56 PM

Holy crap guys, I looked for more stuff from you Twenty and didn't find that post. My bad.

Also thanks for posting what you got from them Some Guy From NY. As you can see, they were far less detailed with what they gave me. I never saw anyone post updates so I just assumed people were waiting to hear something from them.

Now I just feel out of the loop haha!

Some Guy From NY 11-13-2012 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bwill9886 (Post 4454519)
Holy crap guys, I looked for more stuff from you Twenty and didn't find that post. My bad.

Also thanks for posting what you got from them Some Guy From NY. As you can see, they were far less detailed with what they gave me. I never saw anyone post updates so I just assumed people were waiting to hear something from them.

Now I just feel out of the loop haha!

Haha, well now you're back in the loop.

The front lip does look great, as seen on Twenty's car...but I can't really justify the 550 dollars for the carbon fiber lip (the one I would get), especially since I am not entirely happy with my car as a whole.

Bogey 11-14-2012 01:41 AM

Thats because you bought a sedan ;-) [joke]

BetaDnB 11-14-2012 06:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bogey (Post 4454830)
Thats because you bought a sedan ;-) [joke]

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Bwill9886 11-14-2012 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Some Guy From NY (Post 4454533)
Haha, well now you're back in the loop.

The front lip does look great, as seen on Twenty's car...but I can't really justify the 550 dollars for the carbon fiber lip (the one I would get), especially since I am not entirely happy with my car as a whole.

Yeah I don't blame you there.

That's a lot of money for a part that's going to be pretty exposed to abuse and potential damage. Especially for those going lower.

I do plan on getting the lip, but like you I'm unsure that CF is the way to go for me.