Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   MK3 Focus (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=121)
-   -   Weird Thing Happened Today..... (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=302213)

tamonti 11-13-2012 07:28 PM

Weird Thing Happened Today.....
 
I turned the key to start the car and there was a 5 second pause before the car started. Anyone else experience this issue???

Elizabeth 11-13-2012 07:30 PM

did nothing happen for five seconds? no engine turning at all..
or, did the engine turn over for five seconds before running?

tamonti 11-13-2012 07:35 PM

Sorry, I should have been more clear...nothing happened for five seconds.. then the car started.

cobrajet429 11-13-2012 08:53 PM

I have had that happen . Probably less than 5seconds but the key was released when it started.

1slofofo 11-13-2012 09:17 PM

Something like this happened to me last year when I left the car outside overnight in some real cold temperatures. I just retried and no problems. Hasn't happened since.

indystar 11-13-2012 09:28 PM

foot on the clutch?

suss6052 11-13-2012 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by indystar (Post 4454479)
foot on the clutch?

U.S. Spec SEL is a DCT only indy, no clutch pedal to interrupt the starting process.

memphiscbrider 11-13-2012 10:14 PM

Engine block heater if you have it maybe?

Focus YBTC 11-14-2012 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by memphiscbrider (Post 4454546)
Engine block heater if you have it maybe?

I'm curious why the engine block heater would be suspected in the case of the car not starting for 5 seconds after turning the key? That plugs into an AC power source separate from the car. I haven't had this problem by the way but I have a push button to start the car.

FordService 11-14-2012 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tamonti (Post 4454287)
I turned the key to start the car and there was a 5 second pause before the car started. Anyone else experience this issue???

Quote:

Originally Posted by cobrajet429 (Post 4454419)
I have had that happen . Probably less than 5seconds but the key was released when it started.

Quote:

Originally Posted by adamdv5 (Post 4454464)
Something like this happened to me last year when I left the car outside overnight in some real cold temperatures. I just retried and no problems. Hasn't happened since.

Hi folks,

If this becomes a persistent concern, I'd definitely mention it to your dealer the next time you have an oil change or other scheduled maintenance visit. Getting a Ford certified tech's eyes and hands on your vehicle is the best way to get accurate diagnosis and repair.

Please reach out to me if you have any other questions or concerns.

Thanks!
Crystal


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:38 PM.