Focus Fanatics

Focus Fanatics (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Playing Music Through Sync - Bluetooth (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=302191)

dutd33 11-13-2012 01:54 PM

Playing Music Through Sync - Bluetooth

Does anyone play their music off their iPhone or Android through Bluetooth in their Focus?

I just had the chance to utilize it this past weekend and thought it was absolutleyl amazing!

However, one annoying thing that bothered me was that I had to go to the Menu to select "Bluetooh Audio Stream" each time I got back into the car.

Is there a quick way around this?

bobertfishbone 11-13-2012 02:14 PM

The only way I've figured out that's "quicker" than using the menu is to double-pull the Sync paddle (to skip the 'please say a command' prompt) and say 'bluetooth audio'.

Takes less time than hitting buttons, but I do feel kinda ridiculous talking to a car. And forget about it if anyone else is in the car with me.

JonathanGennick 11-13-2012 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dutd33 (Post 4453810)
I just had the chance to utilize it this past weekend and thought it was absolutleyl amazing!

My son loves being able to play his iPod via Bluetooth. It really is a nice feature.

Kenpo_zx3 11-13-2012 09:02 PM

This is a really cool feature. I'm excited to try it out. So you stream the music but you can still control with the touch screen?

Burns098356GX 11-13-2012 09:41 PM

I found that the blutooth audio quality is terrible. Plus i have yet to hear of a device that MFT can index and create voice controls for.

Sent from my HTC-Z710a using FF Mobile

TehMark 11-13-2012 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dutd33 (Post 4453810)
Does anyone play their music off their iPhone or Android through Bluetooth in their Focus?

However, one annoying thing that bothered me was that I had to go to the Menu to select "Bluetooh Audio Stream" each time I got back into the car.

Is there a quick way around this?

Current MFT
Change voice control to advanced first off. Hit the bluetooth button on the menu Hit the paddle, say bluetooth audio, wait for the tone, say play.

New MFT
I just installed the new MFT update tonight (3.5) and it seems to remember the audio source better now. You don't have to click stuff and say a command, just one or the other. The audio did skip a little bit at first though so that is scary and I think it was skipping a track automatically somehow. Hopefully this isn't going to be the new problem because otherwise the system finally works great! My setup is as follows.

iphone 5
using spotify mobile app for all my music
using apple podcast player for everything else
using purely bluetooth for the sake of ease

Also, audio quality is fine for me.

dutd33 11-14-2012 02:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenpo_zx3 (Post 4454530)
This is a really cool feature. I'm excited to try it out. So you stream the music but you can still control with the touch screen?

I only have an SEL without MFT but I'm sure you can stream music and still use the controls on the touch screen. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

dutd33 11-14-2012 02:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobertfishbone (Post 4453884)
The only way I've figured out that's "quicker" than using the menu is to double-pull the Sync paddle (to skip the 'please say a command' prompt) and say 'bluetooth audio'.

Takes less time than hitting buttons, but I do feel kinda ridiculous talking to a car. And forget about it if anyone else is in the car with me.

Awesome I will try this tomorrow morning.

dutd33 11-14-2012 10:54 PM

Just tried it and it works like a charm!

Thanks again!

P.S. I guess I should really start reading the manuals LOL.

Posted via FF Mobile

gsxrboy 11-15-2012 09:57 AM

MFT 3.0.2 using my Galaxy Nexus phone playing RDIO through bluetooth and it plays extremely well. No skips, no lag and it automatically begins playing my music when I enter the car and I have the app opened. It would be great to be able to skip, fast forward using MFT, but then they would have to create a program specifically for RDIO and that would just be a headache to program and update.