Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   Focus ST EcoBoost Performance (2013-Current) (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=75)
-   -   COBB Tuning Rear Motor Mount Video (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=302174)

COBB Tuning 11-13-2012 10:56 AM

COBB Tuning Rear Motor Mount Video

Hey guys. Evan from Cobb just keeping you posted on Focus ST development. You guys gave Braden a shellacking for the motor movement comments and we've been doing quite a bit of digging on the subject. I've included a video of the stock rear motor mount movement and the movement with our Cobb prototype rear mount under some hard throttling in 1st gear (which did the best job at showing the movement). At this point, we don't think the engine is actually hitting the firewall (although it was never really intended to be taken literally). It was my belief all along that one of the accessories was making contact somewhere under the hood but thus far I've been unable to identify the culprit. What I think it might be is the upper mounts slamming to their limits, but please don't quote me on that. We are digging up all the GoPros we can find in order to get a glimpse of the problem.

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

This motor moves a lot. More than we anticipated. We believe the right durometer for this mount, while stiff, is actually going to be an 85A urethane or equivalent. From testing various combinations, we've found it to be the happy medium that does a great job at reducing wheel hop and most notibly, getting rid of that atrocious BANG when you do a hard shift into second gear, all the while keeping those pesky vibrations to a tolerable level. We're working to have the final production mounts available in December.

That's it for now. Stay tuned for an announcement on the AccessPort. As most of you know who have bought our products before - we are committed to getting you Cobb products as fast as possible (we have 20 engineers). It just takes us a little longer to do it right.

Cheers,
Evan

COBB Tuning 11-13-2012 12:17 PM

Here's a view of the motor with the stock mount from above.

Look at her dance!

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Trevor1981 11-13-2012 02:37 PM

I'm viewing this from my mobile devices and can't see the videos embedded in your posts. Have to do a google search for them, but I found them. Thanks for making the videos, they put so much more perspective on it and how effective a new mount is. I'll be ordering one.

Black00ZX3 11-21-2012 02:45 PM

Cool video I assume this is also a great part for us '12 owners as well.

COBB Tuning 11-21-2012 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by old1030 (Post 4465310)
Cool video I assume this is also a great part for us '12 owners as well.

All of our testing has only been with the new 2013 ST, so we're not sure if it will work on the older model cars. Sorry!

Ian

felixthecat 11-23-2012 12:05 AM

Wow, thats some movement.