Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   DURATEC Performance (2008-2011) (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=329)
-   -   Vehicle Build (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=302089)

fenske 11-12-2012 01:46 PM

Vehicle Build
 
Whats up everyone,

I've got a 2010 Focus 2.0 with an auto trans, I hate auto's BTW, but I had to get something pretty quick and I had to compromise on it. Anyway, I'm going to be working on my car slowly but will ultimately be looking to swap the auto transmission or just find another focus of the same year to build up. I can't afford to put in a turbo setup and the entire car is stock...I know the basics just don't know whats the best way to go or the differences in the parts from each company. been looking at some focus sports stuff and seeing whats better, K&N, Steeda, ect. Headers, full exhaust and whats the best. ect.


Fenske

felixthecat 11-13-2012 03:44 PM

I'd sell it & look for a '05-'07 st= which comes w/ a 23, 5 spd, rear disc, & a lot more. Or if you rather have the later '08+ style, look for a ses w/ stick. CFM= central florida motorsports has a lot of parts too, as does Steeda.

sam fisher 11-13-2012 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by felixthecat (Post 4453978)
I'd sell it & look for a '05-'07 st= which comes w/ a 23, 5 spd, rear disc, & a lot more. Or if you rather have the later '08+ style, look for a ses w/ stick. CFM= central florida motorsports has a lot of parts too, as does Steeda.

lol , you seem to have some of the best suggestions for people .

sam fisher 11-13-2012 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fenske (Post 4451966)
Whats up everyone,

I've got a 2010 Focus 2.0 with an auto trans, I hate auto's BTW, but I had to get something pretty quick and I had to compromise on it. Anyway, I'm going to be working on my car slowly but will ultimately be looking to swap the auto transmission or just find another focus of the same year to build up. I can't afford to put in a turbo setup and the entire car is stock...I know the basics just don't know whats the best way to go or the differences in the parts from each company. been looking at some focus sports stuff and seeing whats better, K&N, Steeda, ect. Headers, full exhaust and whats the best. ect.


Fenske

imo you should first do intake , exhaust , tune

felixthecat 11-13-2012 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sam fisher (Post 4454002)
lol , you seem to have some of the best suggestions for people .

Thanx, I try.[thumb]

AllCarFan 11-14-2012 10:04 AM

"I cant afford a turbo setup"

"I want to swap in a manual trans" or "buy another focus and build it up"

Sounds a little contradicting.

fenske 11-14-2012 09:53 PM

I was just saying that if i found a focus of the same generation with a manual i'd try and buy it, otherwise ill have to follow through with a manual transmission conversion.

felixthecat 11-15-2012 01:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fenske (Post 4456045)
I was just saying that if i found a focus of the same generation with a manual i'd try and buy it, otherwise ill have to follow through with a manual transmission conversion.

It'd be easier to ship a atx equipped Foci down the road than a mtx one. Start looking for a '10-'11 SES version, if you prefer the newer body style. Just to add performance wise you'd be ahead w/ a '05-'07 ST via a 23 motor & rear disc brakes & it only comes w/ 5-spd only.[:D]

sailor 11-18-2012 04:44 PM

Well, there ARE ATX fans here, and it CAN be "tuned" - Changing to a manual..... yeah, a different car is easier....

Throw out some objectives (what you want to improve) and the folks here will give out ideas on what pieces work, and what works best together....

fenske 11-20-2012 10:43 PM

Thats a good idea Sailor, I'm going over the different parts and companies...I'm wanting to do a 2" drop and stiffen the suspension, Performance Intake but can't find a "true" cold air intake, Header and full exhaust (Header back), and a performance tune. Eventually Ill get around to working on the engine internals but thats gotta come later when the money actually comes around.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:13 PM.