Focus Fanatics

Focus Fanatics (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   Focus-Power Tuning (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=72)
-   -   Need feedback on Tune on N/A Duratec 2.0 with basic bolt ons (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=301925)

flaurencelle 11-09-2012 09:32 PM

Need feedback on Tune on N/A Duratec 2.0 with basic bolt ons

Hello there!

Anybody has feedback from tuning a N/A Duratec 2.0 with basic bolt-ons (CAI & CAT BACK)?

I'm looking probably to get it from Tom, but want to know first if it's really worth it or not? Should I expect some power gains or major improvement like I did when I had my SVT tuned by Tom?

Thank you all!![:)]

flaurencelle 11-14-2012 03:35 PM

Bump! I guess it's not very popular!

ZXthrizzle05 11-16-2012 07:57 AM

If you had him tune before. Why would you need imput for round two?

flaurencelle 11-16-2012 08:45 AM

Different car, different engine, different expectations..!

I'm not doubting Tom's abilities to tune the duratec, i'm just looking for people that did it to have an idea of what to expect in terms of gain & overall response.

1turbofocus 11-16-2012 09:10 AM

You may not see the gains with the duratec you saw with the SVT but in my opinion the tune is still well worth doing , I have done a lot of Duratec tuning

Tom

ZXthrizzle05 11-16-2012 09:12 AM

Either way if you modify an engine itsgood to re calibrate the ecu to get the most out of what you want

flaurencelle 11-16-2012 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZXthrizzle05 (Post 4458393)
Either way if you modify an engine itsgood to re calibrate the ecu to get the most out of what you want

Agrred! I only have a CAI and Catback though...any other N/A Mod on the Duratec would be worth it before I tune it in you opinion?

felixthecat 12-04-2012 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flaurencelle (Post 4458408)
Agrred! I only have a CAI and Catback though...any other N/A Mod on the Duratec would be worth it before I tune it in you opinion?

Get a header, a set of cams= cranes 224-0010. A great upgrade is a 23 head.[lockdance] Have Tom turn off the rear o2 senser & egr at least.

budpln 03-12-2013 09:33 PM

i have the duratec with cai header and full exhaust when i got toms tune. the tune made a huge difference!!! the power was in and out before the tune pissed me off in the summer i would have the a/c on and had no power in 1st on take off it would bog!! after toms tune it was a totally different car power was smooth threw the whole rpm range and there was deff more power!! i love my tune plus he has already hooked me up with tunes whenever i ask him. im planing on getting cams this summer and cant wait to get another free tune from tom after install!! free tune updates is sick and he deff cares cuz he wants a/f data logs. im my opinion if he didnt care he would just tune the car and say its good but he wants to see the datalogs always.. hes A+ in my book.. best 400 ive spend on the car[thumb] thnx tom

Bogey 03-13-2013 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by budpln (Post 4633827)
i have the duratec with cai header and full exhaust when i got toms tune. the tune made a huge difference!!! the power was in and out before the tune pissed me off in the summer i would have the a/c on and had no power in 1st on take off it would bog!! after toms tune it was a totally different car power was smooth threw the whole rpm range and there was deff more power!! i love my tune plus he has already hooked me up with tunes whenever i ask him. im planing on getting cams this summer and cant wait to get another free tune from tom after install!! free tune updates is sick and he deff cares cuz he wants a/f data logs. im my opinion if he didnt care he would just tune the car and say its good but he wants to see the datalogs always.. hes A+ in my book.. best 400 ive spend on the car[thumb] thnx tom

Wooooo! :-) I like this response, hows the 2012 tune going?