Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wheels & Tires - Sponsored By Tire Rack (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   Wheel suggestions...? (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=301902)

D'RedSled 11-09-2012 03:04 PM

Wheel suggestions...?
 
My 2012 SE came with the steel wheels w/covers. It's time to change. I was able to look thru the forums to find suggestions for selecting my license plate mounting/framing options and I thought that went well, so I'm looking for suggestions on what wheels to go with. I've been skimming thru rim racks website and they have a ton of options, but this is a decision I get to live with for a while so I'd like to see what others have done.

http://www.focusfanatics.com/gallery...RaceRed_6_.jpg

I'd like to see photos of 2012's, race red, with black matte wheels because I'm leaning that direction, but all I've ever had for wheels have been chrome so hard to get out of the box.

I might add that I'm going to stay with the stock tires so 16" and I'm looking at a budget cap around $150 per wheel.

I'm kinda liking this option... click here

D'RedSled 11-13-2012 09:39 AM

Ok...so no replies so maybe not as much enthusiasm over my initial selection. I'm thinking about these instead. Any "likes"?

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/Wheel...All&sort=Brand

renatogcarvalho 11-21-2012 01:39 AM

What's up!

I'm thinking of changing my wheels as well.

Right now I have the Machined Painted Wheels 17'' from the Sport Package.

http://imageshack.us/a/img832/5042/img0339io.jpg

I liked the one that you posted, but I'd rather go with one of these:

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/Wheel...All&sort=Brand

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/Wheel...All&sort=Brand

All the best. [cheers]

Ox-y-GenIII 11-21-2012 02:03 AM

I like your second choice. I think they were Sport Edition brand. Looks.nice, almost like BBS wheels in a similar design

felixthecat 11-21-2012 08:25 AM

Don't forget about new car take off's. There could be a higher model focus= titanium that they replaced the oem wheel/tire assembly w/ others. That you could get fairley cheep.

D'RedSled 11-21-2012 08:45 AM

For felixthecat - Actually, I've thought about that same thing. I've seen a lot of nice Ford rims out there and would like to score a set of take-offs if I can find them. I've been keeping an eye on craig's list and ebay. If you come across anything...post it.

Thank you for the feedback.

D'RedSled 11-21-2012 08:46 AM

For renatogcarvalho - I like both of the alternatives you posted. I like the wheels that came with it too. Nice looking ride!

D'RedSled 11-21-2012 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ox-y-GenIII (Post 4464713)
I like your second choice. I think they were Sport Edition brand. Looks.nice, almost like BBS wheels in a similar design

I've had a couple buddies tell me chrome would look better... so, now I'm checking out chrome options as well.

felixthecat 11-21-2012 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D'RedSled (Post 4464928)
For felixthecat - Actually, I've thought about that same thing. I've seen a lot of nice Ford rims out there and would like to score a set of take-offs if I can find them. I've been keeping an eye on craig's list and ebay. If you come across anything...post it.

Thank you for the feedback.

Thats when you go to your ford dealers & ask the parts & also the sales dept. The dealers are always changing wheels/tires. I've worked in many dealerships & there is always a back room filled w/ wheels & tires.

D'RedSled 11-21-2012 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by felixthecat (Post 4464952)
Thats when you go to your ford dealers & ask the parts & also the sales dept. The dealers are always changing wheels/tires. I've worked in many dealerships & there is always a back room filled w/ wheels & tires.

No joking? I'm going to make a quick call to my dealership.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:26 AM.


http://www.focusfanatics.com/aboutus/copyright.asp