Focus Fanatics

Focus Fanatics (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   SVT Performance (2002-2004) (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   MASSIVE dogbone poly insert mount (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=301524)

wordyahurdd 11-04-2012 07:56 PM

MASSIVE dogbone poly insert mount

I tried to install the MASSIVE unbreakable mount yesterday, and I couldn't get it to go in! Because the bushings stick out further, I wasn't able to push it into the correct position.

Has anyone had this problem? I even had it on a lift with a support pushing up on the transmission and still could not get it to sit right so I installed the stock dogbone for the time being. Anyone have any suggestions?

jwill2489 11-04-2012 08:00 PM

it should go in , no issue.... my CFM one did

wordyahurdd 11-04-2012 08:28 PM

how easily did it "go" in, I tried pretty hard and no luck

jwill2489 11-04-2012 08:31 PM

very easy. might have had to tap on it with a hammer a few times, don't remember 100%

6SPD_soul 11-04-2012 08:33 PM

There are always going to be guys that claim they change timing belts in 15 minutes, take it all with a grain of salt.

jwill2489 11-04-2012 08:35 PM

What are you talking about. He's asking about a transmission mount

6SPD_soul 11-04-2012 08:48 PM

It was an analogy. I don't find it helpful when people just say "it was super easy for me" and give no real advice. There are a ton of guys like that here, born with a wrench in their hands messiahs, all talking about how quick they get work done. I believe about a quarter of it, because I never see those particular people talking specifics about how to get things done.

And I'm probably a little defensive because it took me more than 15 minutes to muscle the [:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)]g trans mount into place with new bushings. It took some finnagling.

Sniper Focus 11-04-2012 10:19 PM

The first time it took me four hours to put in, primarily because it was upside down, and I couldn't push it in either. I wasn't sure which way it went at the time. (the lip goes down) Since then it's been super easy for me, 10-15 mins to install, and I've done it multiple times.

Spray a little Armor All on the big bushing to make it slide in the frame and start the bolt. (Armor all makes dealing with exhaust hangers a breeze) After that use a prybar to move the trans so you can get the trans side bolt through.

The CFM one looks like it would slide in easily, it doesn't have a big rim on the bushing.

sleepyboy 11-05-2012 01:40 AM

I had to manhandle mine lower mount in. I used the ES bushings which are damn near identical to the Massive mounts. Took a lot of muscle to pull the motor and trans out of the way. Also I think I had to get it in the perfect position before it slipped right in. I didn't have to do this with the other Prothane bushings which don't have the big lip around them. I highly recommend the ES bushing inserts over the Prothane ones or the Massive mount since it uses the same bushings or very similar bushings I should say, same design anyways. I ripped right through a Prothane mount where as the ES mount lasted years before ripping apart from age. Yes Poly mounts DO wear out lol.

wordyahurdd 11-05-2012 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sleepyboy (Post 4440281)
I had to manhandle mine lower mount in. I used the ES bushings which are damn near identical to the Massive mounts. Took a lot of muscle to pull the motor and trans out of the way. Also I think I had to get it in the perfect position before it slipped right in. I didn't have to do this with the other Prothane bushings which don't have the big lip around them. I highly recommend the ES bushing inserts over the Prothane ones or the Massive mount since it uses the same bushings or very similar bushings I should say, same design anyways. I ripped right through a Prothane mount where as the ES mount lasted years before ripping apart from age. Yes Poly mounts DO wear out lol.

did you pull the trans towards the drivers side? like i said i had the trans pushed upwards but not towards the drivers side hmmmmm