Focus Fanatics

Focus Fanatics (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   MK2 Focus (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=120)
-   -   exhaust question (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=301468)

nickfantastia 11-04-2012 07:01 AM

exhaust question

im planning on getting the fswerks race exhaust and is the assembly paste needed. and i was also wondering if there was anything cheaper i could use.

rambleon84 11-04-2012 07:37 AM

I didnt use the paste and have no leaks. I am not sure of similar products, although Im sure there are some out there

GO.army.1969 11-04-2012 08:59 AM

I did not use the assembly paste either and no leaks

Kipp 11-04-2012 11:10 PM

you get what you pay for when it comes to aftermarket parts. any duratec sedan 05-07 and all 08-11 exhaust will fit. there are less expensive options, but there is a difference. Performance isn't much different between any of them, but the sound will def be. also look at the material used. Most are stainless steel and are great. a less expensive option is aluminized. still works fine, but runs the risk of rusting and not as durable a material.

F-BOMB 11-28-2012 10:55 PM

Didn't use the paste either. I smelled carbon for about a week, but after that- nothin.
The FSWerks race exhaust is awesome. Their is none of the "BRAAAP" noises like a lot of Hondas and Nissans; nor is it going to give a "TIN-Y" kind of sound (sorry can't come up with a better description than that). I've been very happy with mine. It has a great low-baritone sound at idle, but when you get on the throttle it comes alive. One thing I will never get over is simply starting the car- I love tappin the gas and hearing the exhaust gurgle and pop. ENJOY MAN!

A7xschecter6661 11-28-2012 11:11 PM

Just by listening to the videos I would never go for the race exhaust, I would have to go stealth. I am not much for sound unless it's in a nice old v8

bugman 12-03-2012 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickfantastia (Post 4438953)
im planning on getting the fswerks race exhaust and is the assembly paste needed. and i was also wondering if there was anything cheaper i could use.

TruBendz makes a stainless steel option with MagnaFlow muffler.

Baldurs390 12-03-2012 06:17 PM

i would say get the stealth if you ever plan on getting a header... there are so many people trying to swap race for stealth

felixthecat 12-04-2012 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kipp (Post 4440192)
you get what you pay for when it comes to aftermarket parts. any duratec sedan 05-07 and all 08-11 exhaust will fit. there are less expensive options, but there is a difference. Performance isn't much different between any of them, but the sound will def be. also look at the material used. Most are stainless steel and are great. a less expensive option is aluminized. still works fine, but runs the risk of rusting and not as durable a material.

>>>>>>>I 2nd that. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Many times over= You gets whats you's pays for's. Another word you don't want to redo it, do you? No e-bay crap, step up & do it right the 1st time

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baldurs390 (Post 4482176)
i would say get the stealth if you ever plan on getting a header... there are so many people trying to swap race for stealth

I concor w/ that. Get a header & your looking for a stealth.

crice8 12-05-2012 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by felixthecat (Post 4484409)
>>>>>>>I 2nd that. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Many times over= You gets whats you's pays for's. Another word you don't want to redo it, do you? No e-bay crap, step up & do it right the 1st time

I concor w/ that. Get a header & your looking for a stealth.

I agree with this 100%!
In total I have spent over $800 in the several times I have changed my exhaust until I finally got the tone with the noise level I wanted. I wished I would have gone stealth the first time being that I ended up adding a header. Rather than spending all that money modifying my trubends exhaust 7 times total... Now I have 2 mufflers and 2 resonators under my car(= but it sounds damn good