Focus Fanatics

Focus Fanatics (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Technical Chat (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Still squeaking/creaking on my '08 SES Focus ): ): ): Help!! (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=301349)

katkrazy2007 11-02-2012 09:02 PM

Still squeaking/creaking on my '08 SES Focus ): ): ): Help!!

I have had my suspension checked by mechanics and I've even checked the e-brake cable under my back seat and everything seems to be cleared. I'm becoming frustrated and I plan to take my car to our local Ford dealership on Tuesday morning..

The squeak/creak happens when I drive over bumps or over a gravel road and you'll hear it as long as the car is going over those bumps. Also, it seems to be coming from the rear of the car (like when I go over a speed bump, no noise when front wheels go over, but you hear the creak/squeak once back wheels go over). They said they couldn't find anything wrong in the suspension, but I am not convinced AT ALL... This noise is driving me crazy! I have a beautiful car and it drives great, all except for that noise i'm getting when on a bumpy road.

If it helps, my car is a rebuilt car which had some front fender damage and slight undercarriage damage (which of course has been full repaired and inspected), but I don't know about this squeak. I love my car, but I want this problem solved!!! Any bit of knowledge and input will be highly appreciated (:

GO.army.1969 11-03-2012 02:39 AM

I would look at your rear sway bar bushing had the same problem with mine put some grease in the bushing and bam it was gone.

dodgeguy 11-03-2012 06:06 AM

I had a similar problem with my car. I 'checked' the brake cable too, but I could not duplicate the sound my self by moving it around or wiggling it. But I slapped some grease up there (or whatever the fix says to do) and BAM! all gone. No more squeak. This lasted about a year and it just came back this week. I am greasing it up some more this weekend. Give it a try.

katkrazy2007 11-03-2012 11:41 AM

I will definitely get the rear sway bar bushings looked at! And where did you grease the e-brake cable at? We took off the back seat and looked at it and it sounds like its coming from the suspension, but I'm definitely no mechanic. Are bad bushings easy to miss or something? And is there a part of the e-brake cable that runs under the outside of the car and not just under the seat?

dodgeguy 11-03-2012 11:55 AM

its on the outside under the back seat, near the rocker panel. Just follow it from the brakes. Put some grease wherever you see it passing through plastic or metal.

katkrazy2007 11-03-2012 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dodgeguy (Post 4437693)
its on the outside under the back seat, near the rocker panel. Just follow it from the brakes. Put some grease wherever you see it passing through plastic or metal.

Ohhh, that makes more sense now. We will have to check it out and see if we can find anything before I take it to the dealership to have it looked it. Thanks for the input everyone. I am a very desperate person right now! I love my beautiful focus and I just want it to not be squeaky haha.

FordService 11-05-2012 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by katkrazy2007 (Post 4437025)
I have had my suspension checked by mechanics and I've even checked the e-brake cable under my back seat and everything seems to be cleared. I'm becoming frustrated and I plan to take my car to our local Ford dealership on Tuesday morning...

Hi katkrazy2007,

I'm glad to hear that you're taking your Focus to the dealership; Ford techs are your best bet when it comes to accurate diagnosis. Keep me updated on how things progress!

Quote:

Originally Posted by GO.army.1969 (Post 4437376)
I would look at your rear sway bar bushing had the same problem with mine put some grease in the bushing and bam it was gone.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dodgeguy (Post 4437417)
I had a similar problem with my car. I 'checked' the brake cable too, but I could not duplicate the sound my self by moving it around or wiggling it. But I slapped some grease up there (or whatever the fix says to do) and BAM! all gone. No more squeak. This lasted about a year and it just came back this week. I am greasing it up some more this weekend. Give it a try.

Great info, folks. Thanks for helping out katkrazy2007!

Crystal [:)]

katkrazy2007 11-05-2012 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FordCustomerService (Post 4440709)
Hi katkrazy2007,

I'm glad to hear that you're taking your Focus to the dealership; Ford techs are your best bet when it comes to accurate diagnosis. Keep me updated on how things progress!

Great info, folks. Thanks for helping out katkrazy2007!

Crystal [:)]

I will post updates as I go along on this mystery journey!(: Thanks for the support everyone!

katkrazy2007 11-06-2012 04:40 PM

Weeelllll..... I took my '08 SES to the Ford place in my town this morning about the squeaking when going over bumps and they said they coudn't find anything. They said that they greased and lubed everything because over time bushings and what-not dry out and will rub and make noises.

But what I forgot to mention to them before I left this morning was that you can make it make the sound by just having the car parked and bouncing back end up and down (because they said they couldn't get it to make the noise by driving it, which means they didn't take it over any bumps). The guy said he was gonna go back out and try it that way after he called and I told them that. I really pray that it just needed some greasing ): I just want all this figured out and fixed.

katkrazy2007 11-07-2012 10:19 AM

Awesome news!!! The squeaking in my '08 SES Focus is G.O.N.E.!!!! I am so ecstatic! The guys at Ford said they couldn't find any problems with the suspension so they greased all of the bushings and what-not. When I picked my car up this morning from the dealership, there was no more of that mind-boggling noise!! Thank God!! Also, there was no charge for the service (: This made my day! Thanks Ford!!(: (: (: Now to just pray that the noise doesn't come back anytime soon, but I'm going to stap optimistic.

Thanks Everyone for great advice!