Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   MK3 Focus (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=121)
-   -   Headliner, what to do? (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=301149)

TehMark 10-31-2012 03:52 PM

Headliner, what to do?

Backstory: My headliner was ripped out 6 months ago to fix a kink in the washer fluid hose to the hatch wiper.

When my dealer put the headliner back in the corners were all dented up from the c-clamps they used to hold it in place and it looked kinda dirty to be honest.

Today: So now my headliner is slowing falling down. It rattles like crazy because of glue losing contact and hitting against metal. They will most certainly have to rip the headliner out again. My fear is that the headliner will look like total crap once it is installed for the 3rd time.

Should my dealer just order a new headliner or am I being stupid? Going to take it in this weekend for 15k maintenance so was hoping to get a few opinions.

noahsfocus 10-31-2012 04:05 PM

New headliner forsure ... demand it

TboneZX3 10-31-2012 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TehMark (Post 4433122)
Should my dealer just order a new headliner or am I being stupid? Going to take it in this weekend for 15k maintenance so was hoping to get a few opinions.

I'm not sure why you think it's stupid to expect your dealer to order and replace your defective headliner. I don't think it's stupid to expect them to do it correctly, either.

In other words, no you're not being stupid. [;)]

sam fisher 10-31-2012 04:08 PM

yea screw that , they gotta fix it , thats bs man

Sent from my N860 using FF Mobile

SkyPilot 10-31-2012 04:44 PM

they gotta fix it, its their fault. Getting a new headliner good luck with that...

Effected 10-31-2012 06:11 PM

If they did the work, they gotta do it right. End of story. DEMAND DAT SHIZ

Elizabeth 10-31-2012 07:08 PM

Be aware they will need to remove the windshield to put in a new headliner. NOT an easy task, and another one ripe for screwing up.
So you can accept the crummy job they will do with your old one....
Or, you can demand a new headliner, which they will probably mess up anyway, AND ruin your perfectly good windshield with goop smeared all over the pillars. and a non watertight seal.
just letting you know what you are in for.
Sorry to be so negative.
If your dealer is not good at doing stuff. MORE stuff getting done is also NOT going to be done well, or right. [hatchet]

suss6052 10-31-2012 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elizabeth (Post 4433419)
Be aware they will need to remove the windshield to put in a new headliner. NOT an easy task, and another one ripe for screwing up.
So you can accept the crummy job they will do with your old one....
Or, you can demand a new headliner, which they will probably mess up anyway, AND ruin your perfectly good windshield with goop smeared all over the pillars. and a non watertight seal.
just letting you know what you are in for.
Sorry to be so negative.
If your dealer is not good at doing stuff. MORE stuff getting done is also NOT going to be done well, or right. [hatchet]

Actually that's only true for the sedan, for a hatch there is sufficient clearance to remove the headliner out the rear of the vehicle without removing the windshield.

The rest of it about a crappy dealer performing crappy work is true enough, I still wouldn't trust them to do it though even if you don't have to damage the windshield in the process

PratoN 11-01-2012 08:42 AM

When I got my headliner replaced for stains (it still rattles), the dealer that replaced it called me to let me know it had some weird creases in it due to installation and that they ordered a second new one for me. I think that's my favorite dealer so far...

FordService 11-01-2012 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TehMark (Post 4433122)
Backstory:...So now my headliner is slowing falling down. It rattles like crazy because of glue losing contact and hitting against metal. They will most certainly have to rip the headliner out again. My fear is that the headliner will look like total crap once it is installed for the 3rd time.

Hi TehMark,

I want to step in here and get your case escalated to your region's customer service manager. They'll reach out to your dealership and make sure your headliner concerns are promptly addressed. Please send me a VIN with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and daytime phone number; I'll get on the case.

Thanks,
Crystal [thumb]