Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   MFT, Sync, Bluetooth Audio, USB connections and your phones, a comprehensive compatibility list... (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=300841)

Michael Jackson 10-27-2012 12:09 AM

MFT, Sync, Bluetooth Audio, USB connections and your phones, a comprehensive compatibility list...

I did a little searching and couldn't find anything on this subject, at least not to the extent I am looking for, and maybe others are as well.

I think it would be very helpful, since the sync my ride site is not so helpful, to have a master list of what phones are confirmed to either be working or not with MFT and sync.

Example:

Sync version 3.2.2

iPhone 5, iOS 6: USB and Bluetooth worked flawlessly, could even control pandora via USB with no issues. Text messaging DID NOT work...

Samsung Galaxy S3, Android 4.0: Text messaging and calls worked, when it wanted to. USB media would work, then disconnect and claim USB device not supported. Bluetooth audio was at about a 70 percent fail rate. Had to reset MFT 6 times in the week I had the phone, then it still did not work properly. VERY frustrating.

iPhone 4, iOS 6: Seems to be working thus far, although I have noticed my pandora no longer works via USB as it did with the iPhone 5. Bluetooth audio while streaming (iheartradio, pandora, etc) I have noticed to be a little tweaky, but it's debatable on that being an issue with the phone itself. Text messaging naturally, does not work. Apparently this is a common theme with iOS.

Motorola Droid 2, Android 2.3.x: Worked pretty well, although streaming was a bit flaky. Calls and text worked well, I never tried to access any of the files via USB as a media player.

Hopefully others can follow suit, and we can get a decent list together. I go through quite a few phones myself, so will update as I use others. I'm hoping to find an Android phone that is mostly compatible, as my iPhone 4 is getting a bit tiresome these days. So post your phones, and tell of your details/results!!

Any questions for me, or any of the phones I've used, let me know!

Sent from my iPad using FF Mobile HD

FordIVTteam 10-29-2012 11:55 AM

Hi, Michael Jackson -

Thanks for sharing! The compatibility chart isn't published on SyncMyRide, but it is available here:

http://Support.Ford.com/sync-technol...c-myford-touch

We're currently in the process of testing the iPhone 5. Once more info is available, the chart will be updated and an announcement will be made in our Owner to Owner forum:

http://boards.synccommunity.com/n/pf...tag=fordsyncmb

Please stay tuned.

Jaclyn

Michael Jackson 11-21-2012 05:01 PM

Well, after many different android variations, and MFT hating all of them, I'm back on an iphone 5.

I'm not sure what's causing it, but bluetooth audio consistently broke after a few days on every android phone I tried. Sometimes it even effected calling negatively, although mft and the phone saying they were connected.

Frustrating, to say the least.

Sent from my SCH-I905 using FF Mobile

FordIVTteam 11-23-2012 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael Jackson (Post 4465580)
Well, after many different android variations, and MFT hating all of them, I'm back on an iphone 5.
I'm not sure what's causing it, but bluetooth audio consistently broke after a few days on every android phone I tried. Sometimes it even effected calling negatively, although mft and the phone saying they were connected.
Frustrating, to say the least.

Are you aware of the 3.5.1 update, Michael Jackson? 3.5.1 is available to customers experiencing phone compatibility, voice recognition or navigation issues. Due to the need for vehicles that have the navigation option to receive a new SD card after the update, the software is currently only available through the dealership.

I recommend contacting your dealer to schedule an appointment.

Jaclyn

valmundo 11-24-2012 01:38 PM

I think MJ has Myford (3.2.2) and not MFT. I have MyFord (3.1.1) and just got the S3 and BT audio works fine for me. I am not privileged to have the latest version of MyFord since Ford will not release the latest version to us early purchasers but my version on MyFord works with the S3.

Michael Jackson 11-24-2012 04:24 PM

Stopped in yesterday for 3.5.1, so far so good.

Automatically connects and begins streaming from my iPhone, and thus far has not hiccupped. This is all within the last 24 hours, so we'll see how it progresses from here.

copernicium112 11-24-2012 04:29 PM

2012 (July 2011 build), MFT 3.5.1, iPhone 5, iOS 6.0.1

Can receive text messages but cannot send. BT seems reliable, do not use USB w/my phone (that is what the iPod is for).

slybarman 11-24-2012 05:03 PM

Text messaging worked on my Galaxy Note 2 and MFT 3.2.2. Since upgrading to MFT 3.5.1, it now says messaging is not supported for my device.

Sprint 03-02-2013 08:36 AM

With the latest MFT update my MFT can receive and read text messages to me from my Iphone 5, HOWEVER, I get the following strange behaviours:

- No voice commands available to direct the system to read messages. When I ask for "Messaging" within the "Phone" voice commends, the answer is "messaging is not supported on this device".
- When MFT displays the "text message" received notification, the notification and related action buttons only stay on screen for about 2 seconds which is not usually enough time for the driver to read the message and/or press the "speaker" button onscreen to hear the message audibly (though if your quick enough to press the button the system will read the message to you).

Is this what's happening with others here? Any tips or tricks out there to get this working more seamlessly?

slybarman 03-02-2013 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sprint (Post 4616366)
With the latest MFT update my MFT can receive and read text messages to me from my Iphone 5, HOWEVER, I get the following strange behaviours:

- No voice commands available to direct the system to read messages. When I ask for "Messaging" within the "Phone" voice commends, the answer is "messaging is not supported on this device".
- When MTF displays the "text message" received notification, the notification and related action buttons only stay on screen for about 2 seconds which is not usually enough time for the driver to read the message and/or press the "speaker" button onscreen to hear the message audibly (though if your quick enough to press the button the system will read the message to you).

Is this what's happening with others here? Any tips or tricks out there to get this working more seamlessly?

Yes, that is what I get with my Note 2

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using FF Mobile.