Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   MK3 Focus (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=121)
-   -   Upgrading Suspension Need Titanium Hanlding Pack rear shock part # (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=300608)

nerdrage 10-24-2012 11:24 AM

Upgrading Suspension Need Titanium Hanlding Pack rear shock part #

I was leaning towards the ford racing suspension kit but I already have the Steeda sway bar. I dont want to pay for an extra sway bar i wont use. So im planning on replacing the springs with her sportlines, or steeda. Also I want to upgrade the shocks as I have a SEL.

I was thinking of using the ST front struts
Front strut (LH) - AST-12281
Front strut (RH) - AST-12287
$38 each at tousley ford parts

and for the rear the Focus Titanium Handling pack shocks. I know the part # is on this site but ive been searching for over 40 minutes and keep coming to spring part #s.

Anyone have the Titanium handling pack rear shock part #s? not the se one the titanium one

dyn085 10-24-2012 11:32 AM

I don't have the part numbers offhand, but do know that you will need more than just the struts if you're going to the ST setup. PM Zillon-he has the parts list for the front to do the swap.

nerdrage 10-25-2012 09:26 AM

Anyone have the titanium handling strut and shocks part #s?

dyn085 10-25-2012 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nerdrage (Post 4422603)
Anyone have the titanium handling strut and shocks part #s?

I'll send you a pm with my VIN in a minute. Use that to call Steve at Tousley and he should be able to give you the cheapest prices. I just called him yesterday to order some de-mod pieces[hihi]

Zillon 10-25-2012 10:27 AM

You don't need anything else to use the ST struts, they are a direct swap.

I do recommend picking up the ST strut mount, though (Motorcraft # AD-1098). Stiffer upper mounts will improve your handling performance and steering feel even further. They aren't super expensive, either at ~16 bucks a piece through Tousley. Easier to do it now while you're diving into the suspension.

nerdrage 10-25-2012 10:46 AM

thanks everyone. Im deffinetely getting the ST strut mounts.

So Im going with
ST front struts with ST mounts
Titanium handling pack shocks

now eibach sportlines or steeda springs.

I really like the eibach sportline drop and havnt seen a bad review on here. Also my local performance shop does deals on eibach spring installs.

jdubhack 10-25-2012 11:19 AM

Sounds like your mind is set...BUT...I'd buy your RSB if you wanted to go with Ford's full kit.

jamnesta 10-25-2012 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zillon (Post 4422743)

I do recommend picking up the ST strut mount, though (Motorcraft # AD-1098). Stiffer upper mounts will improve your handling performance and steering feel even further. They aren't super expensive, either at ~16 bucks a piece through Tousley. Easier to do it now while you're diving into the suspension.

Will this also effect a cure for the dreaded front end clunk so often mentioned?

Zillon 10-25-2012 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jamnesta (Post 4422857)
Will this also effect a cure for the dreaded front end clunk so often mentioned?

Nope. [mad]

unclebrud 10-25-2012 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nerdrage (Post 4422789)
thanks everyone. Im deffinetely getting the ST strut mounts.

So Im going with
ST front struts with ST mounts
Titanium handling pack shocks

now eibach sportlines or steeda springs.

I really like the eibach sportline drop and havnt seen a bad review on here. Also my local performance shop does deals on eibach spring installs.

When you have pricing for that combo, could you let us know what the total is? Sounds like a good package.

I think the ST kit is somewhere around $600 before shipping.