Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   DURATEC Performance (2003-2007) (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   170 to 200hp hp goal (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=300404)

w2s2008 10-21-2012 11:14 PM

170 to 200hp hp goal

I have a dyno at where i went to school and am guna go get a base line run in but ibwana see somewhere between 170 n 200 at the wheels. I have a steeda intake but everything eles is stock i drive tbis car daily and want to keep it that way. 93 octain is avalible n thats the only limiting factor i have im none emissions where i live so cats are option ;) ive built more mustangs the i care to admit n decided to go a with the focus this time. Forced induction isnt outa the picture but i dnt wana go over 8psi. So im looking for ideas i wana get a build sheet done n get at it. Stock trans okay i have a 5 speed also axle options exhaust i dnt wana have an overly loud car but i would like a nice hey here i am but not holy s[:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)] what was that lol. Intake manifolds heads cams looking for direction

felixthecat 10-21-2012 11:42 PM

Fwerk's turbo kit will get you there no problem. For a N/A car as you know theres no replacement for displacement= Get a 23 motor to start with= longer stroke for more grunt, the head flows a lot better. Add a set of cams, fwerk's header w/ Fwerk's stealth system, cossie intake or do a sheet metal intake, CFM's TB, of course a 91-93 octane tune w/ rear o2 senser & egr delete. For more mods= forged pistons/ rods/ ranger crank & SS 1 piece valve's. Add a Torsen & CFM's tubular control arm's to help get the power down.

koke'sfocus 10-22-2012 12:09 AM

^^^X2 plus a cossie IM or knockoff if u r interested I'm selling my magnaflow catback 2.5" with hiflow cat

w2s2008 10-22-2012 06:59 PM

What about a tuner whos the go to i like bama tunes but not picky. 23 swap bolt in with a 23 comp or whats all involved i that id like to stick with the motor i have n whats a stock trans n axle good for

grayzx35speed 10-22-2012 08:15 PM

Tom is your guy for a tune. The SCT flasher is a great way to make poeer throughout the rpm band.

1turbofocus 10-22-2012 08:27 PM

Will be glad to help you with your tuning needs just let me know

Tom

gimmemoreboost 10-22-2012 08:28 PM

tom is definitely not your guy for tuning. Randy at FSWerks is easily the best tuner out there for your area of performance goals.

Depending on how much you want to spend, you might be able to get above 170whp (on a dynojet) with Intake, Header, 3" Exhaust, Stage 2 cam, 2.3 Head Swap with Port/Polish, and an intake manifold (Cosworth with modification, Weapon R with modification, or Top Speed Duratec I/M <--best choice)

You could also do a DIY turbo kit like I am. You could put together a non-intercooled 6-8 psi setup for less than $2,000.

Otherwise, FSWerks Stage 1 is the way to go. Check em out at fswerks.com. Give Randy a call and tell him what your goals are and he will hook you up fosho.

The final option, is to go n/a built. 11.6-12.0:1 compression pistons, hard cam, aftermarket I/M, header and 3" exhaust. That will give you right around 200whp.

As for what felix said. You most definitely do not need to swap to a 2.3. I am going to be putting down above 300whp on my stock internals 2.0. The 20 more than gets the job done. You do not need tubular control arms to help put any power down. And the Torsen diff is no longer made so that is out of the question. The stock open diff will be completely fine with your power levels as long as you're not doing a million drags.

If you do decide to keep it N/A, then you will want to have 2 mufflers on your exhaust to help keep quiet with the header. Example, FSWerks Stealth exhaust. But FSWerks will not sell a 3" version of their exhausts, so that will be needed through Trubendz.

If you are going boost, then FSWerks 2.5" Race Exhaust will be perfect.

Red Jay 918 10-22-2012 08:53 PM

^^^ ive never been a customer of Toms but why would you say he's not the guy to go? just curious

gimmemoreboost 10-22-2012 09:17 PM

With what I've discussed with him and with what I've seen done I wouldn't let him touch my car. There's basic things about tuning that he skips. There's a reason fswerks has more followers. That and randy has been tuning cars longer than or at least as long as tom.

And from what I've seen and discussed with randy, he actually knows a few things about tuning and building cars, especially the focus.

roughrider3211 10-30-2012 07:41 PM

I have customer of toms for several months now and many other members have been customer for a very long time. You know opinions are like [:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)]s everybody got one. Try him for yourself and decide tom has bent over backward to help me and many fofo fanatics on here. He keep it safe and give you what u want.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using FF Mobile