Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   Engine & Transmission Swap (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   my totally custom mtx-75 swap!!!!!!! ;-D (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=300382)

wildfire329 10-21-2012 04:17 PM

my totally custom mtx-75 swap!!!!!!! ;-D

This thread is my tribute to the those who love style and a build well done! My buget is meager but i have most of my goodies already, and I've starte
d unhooking things!

Transmission - MTX-75 with a taller first gear outta a duratech trans, torson. Limited slip differential, lower drag final drive, fresh Slave cylinder, satin black powdercoat! , very low miles!!!
Clutch- ACT 6 puck disc!
Flywheel - aluminum by zoom!
Mounts- all 3 urethane!
Paint- satin black and Bahama blue metallic!
engine accessorie brackets - polished aluminum!

I wanna do it b4 it snows lol but i want to do it up right, show quality! I even wanna paint the body satin black! With the stock panels. On till i get the custom bumpers n Hood finished with Bahama blue flames! I miss driving my focus so much! I drove her[idea][rofl] hard[popcorn][ninja] nubroke the differential 2years ago and didn't have th[poke][nutkick]e good's till now to do it up right! Just the way i want too!!! I may need help with info along the way, the info here may help. others along the way!! Thank you ff!!!

ratimpulse 10-21-2012 07:21 PM

Are you turbo'd or have a build motor?

wildfire329 10-23-2012 04:44 PM

Some day she will be boosted! I got a spare zetec with forged pistons n rods, billet Main caps waiting for that day! But for now it got a high miles zetec, cold air, header, sct. Tuned!

The car is lowered 2" with koni adjustables!

wildfire329 11-04-2012 10:27 AM

Well 1st problem was a surprise to me! It was when i was playing with my new flywheel n clutch fitting them together, i found the zoom flywheel has a 9 7/8" clutch bolt patern n the act 6puck clutch has a 10 1/4" bolt pattern! And zoom makes a smaller 1 Wtf!?! I guess if i can't use them together i need to pick 1 n trade off the other for something i can use lmao! Any idea's???

felixthecat 11-04-2012 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wildfire329 (Post 4439182)
Well 1st problem was a surprise to me! It was when i was playing with my new flywheel n clutch fitting them together, i found the zoom flywheel has a 9 7/8" clutch bolt patern n the act 6puck clutch has a 10 1/4" bolt pattern! And zoom makes a smaller 1 Wtf!?! I guess if i can't use them together i need to pick 1 n trade off the other for something i can use lmao! Any idea's???

Thats one of the reasons, why I buy matched brands. You'd think it'd fit if different manufactors make the same parts for the same car. Thats where I found it was different at least on Mustangs. Like try using a Exdy clutch w/ a Spec flywheel. It might cost more, but it all fits & to me thats worth it.

ZXthrizzle05 11-04-2012 08:17 PM

perfect trans for racing

wildfire329 11-08-2012 02:15 AM

I blame the retards the call themselves engineers! Y in the world wouldn't they make everything to work with stock equipment!?! And the artftermarket pays these people! If it all fit stock equipment it would work with otherbrands! Any1 wanna trade me the right part?

amc49 11-10-2012 02:34 AM

I blame the guy who ordered the part, that's why one does RESEARCH.....................you yourself called it a custom build, custom means 'non-stock', I'd say you were there.

wildfire329 11-14-2012 05:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amc49 (Post 4449134)
I blame the guy who ordered the part, that's why one does RESEARCH.....................you yourself called it a custom build, custom means 'non-stock', I'd say you were there.

I blame ur mommy! Obviously she never taught u that if u don't have anything nice to day SHUT THE #&@% UP! [nutkick][facepalm]

MY PROBLEM IS WITH MY JOB NOT BEING QUITE MIDDLE CLASS! I GOTTA DO WHAT LIL SPOILED BRATS NO NOTHING ABOUT! I GET WHAT I CAN FIND A GOOD DEAL ON WHEN I HAVE THE $ FOR IT! I HAD THE ACT PRESSURE PLATE 2 YEARS! GOT IT $100 the i got the disc last month $150" then the aluminum flywheel i won in eBay a week later for $160! This week i got my a urethane bushings master kit!
And yes my focus is n will be even more totally custom, wait for the pics b4 u hate please!!! [slap][ninja]

pocoyo 11-19-2012 02:51 PM

Hey....im new to this and i wantedvto know if you can use a 2004 svt transmisson in a 2001 se sedan...i woukd love a response from anyone right now because i dont want to built something that would give me a headache