Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   MK2 Focus (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=120)
-   -   A few questions about an 08 focus (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=299957)

da2003pizimp 10-16-2012 03:58 AM

A few questions about an 08 focus

Hello all, I have had my focus for about a year now, I bought it used from carmax and I must say that I love it. I have a few questions since my car seems pretty much the bottom of the line. I do not have sync and was wondering how much it would be to install (I know it's probably out of the realm of possibility). Also I was wondering if anyone knew how difficult it would be to install reverse sensors in the rear bumper, or a ballpark on how much the ford stealership would charge to put them in. This is what I want to do first. Also, I do not have the temperature or cruise control, how hard are these to put in? Sorry about all the questions, just want to see if I can improve my car.

dodgeguy 10-16-2012 05:23 AM

Not to sound like a jerk, but, it would be easier to buy a new car with those things in it already. just my opinion.

badazz2010focus 10-16-2012 07:19 AM

Reverse sensors aftermarket only, It is not possible to add syncie syncie to a car that doesn't have it. Better off going with a PEAK backup camera, I know I know peak makes antifreeze too LOL so I dont know how reliable they are going to be.

longlaketech 10-16-2012 09:35 AM

If you are looking at Sync to stream music from a mobile device, you could use the $20 bluetooth receiver to connect to your aux in. Thats what I use in both Focuses and it works very well.

mac.mogul 10-16-2012 01:46 PM

As far as I know, Sync is not sold as an aftermarket setup. You would likely need to find a wrecked Focus that had Sync and take out all the hardware.

Better off buying an aftermarket in dash unit with bluetooth and usb.

da2003pizimp 10-16-2012 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dodgeguy (Post 4407749)
Not to sound like a jerk, but, it would be easier to buy a new car with those things in it already. just my opinion.

I cannot buy another car, as my focus blue books for just under 10k and I purchased this about a year ago for 14k, so I am not willing to take a loss of that much

these are not must have's just would like to have :) I did not think they sold sync as a seperate unit, but I thought maybe I could pull one out of a junk yard, but it sounds like that is not possible, what I liked about sync was being able to talk hands free, the conrols on the steering wheel would be nice too. However, its all good if I cannot have it.

About the reverse sensors, I saw some ones that you drill into the bumper and some others that you stick on the inside of the rear bumper. I would like this because I only have sight in one eye and going in reverse is not fun, plus there is always kids running around not paying attention :)

badazz do you have the peak camera? I will look into that, I just figured sensors would be easier and cheaper.

Thanks again for all the help guys

badazz2010focus 10-16-2012 08:32 PM

I'm talking about reverse sensors not sync :)

badazz2010focus 10-16-2012 08:32 PM

No I dont have a peak camera :) I dont know how good they are

Kipp 10-17-2012 07:52 PM

a reverse sensor system may run $200 to $300 as a rough estimate and maybe 1-200 to install at a shop.

instead of sync you can always get an aftermarket headunit with usb and bt built in it. cheaper and more reliable.

cruise you can buy a steering wheel with the cruise buttons on it. then all you have to do is install it and then take a it to a dealer to go in the computer and activate the cruise (only a dealer can do that).

not cheap to add all that, but def doable if you want it.

Miller88 10-18-2012 01:52 PM

I do find the high rear belt line and small rear window to be a bit of a PITA. I always use the mirrors (I have blind spot mirrors) for backing up.